3D mapping solutions project 3D objects on surfaces by leveraging geospatial mapping. 3D modeling software plots images to create 3D versions of them in order to depict the depth and size of the given object. The 3D images generated using these solutions are often combined with other data to create actionable tools.
The top Ten Vendors of 3D Mapping and Modeling Software are:
- Cinema 4D: Maxon Cinema 4D is a powerful solution that enables users to add amazing effects. It is very easy to learn and use. This solution comes with a wide range of features that make it reliable for 3D mapping and modeling applications.
- Modo: Modo by Foundry Visionmongers Ltd gives users access to advanced technology to create stunning 3D works. It generates professional computer graphics through advanced tools like easy compositing, 3D tracking, and perfect pixel.
- Autodesk Inc: Autodesk is a leading designing software that offers powerful technology for customers in the architecture, construction, engineering, product design, manufacturing, digital media, and entertainment spaces.
- Zbrush: Zbrush by Pixologic is a digital platform for 3D sculpting and painting. This software features numerous advanced tools for digital artists. Creative professionals use it to create beautiful digital sculptures and paintings. It comes with powerful processing and various polygons.
- Trimble Inc: Trimble is a provider of GPS receivers, inertial navigation systems, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), laser rangefinders, and numerous software processing tools. Trimble is a leading provider of positioning solutions for 3D modeling and 3D mapping applications.
- Bentley Systems: Bentley primarily caters to engineers, geospatial professionals, architects, and constructor with comprehensive solutions for advancing the construction, design, and operation of infrastructure. Users rely on Bentley Systems to design perfect bridges, roadways, skyscrapers, airports, industrial &power plants, and utility networks.
- ESRI: ESRI is a renowned supplier of Geographical Interface System (GIS) solutions as well as geodatabase management applications. Its mapping and spatial analysis tools are powered by cutting-edge location-based technology that allows users to spot and share the design of assets, departure gates, rooms, and offices.
- Adobe Dimension: Adobe Dimension is used by graphic designers for creating photorealistic, high-quality 3D images. This solution composites 2D and 3D assets to build scene visualizations, product shots, and abstract art. Adobe is a global leader in the field of digital marketing and digital media solutions.
- Topcon Corporation: Topcon Corporation operates through three major segments—Smart Business Infrastructure, Positioning Company, And Eye Care Business. The company offers IT agriculture and i-construction solutions through its Smart Business Infrastructure segment. Its 3D modeling solutions have helped Topcon build a reputation in the Building Information Modeling (BIM) segment.
- Google Earth: Google Earth comes with well-drawn models and readymade illustrations of 3D buildings. Google Earth Pro is cost-effective and allows for high-resolution output images. This solution provides options to set the time of the day in order to generate moonlit shadows and beautiful constellations.
Other leading 3D Mapping and Modeling Software include SolidWorks, Dassault Systèmes, Vricon, Intermap Technologies, Street Factory, Pix4Dmodel, Flight Evolved, Mitsubishi Electric, CyberCity 3D, Onionlab, and Apple Inc.
The Future of 3D Technology
The following features give a sneak peek into what the future of 3D mapping and modeling holds:
- Exploring Global Architecture: With projection mapping, users can turn the world into their canvas. By exploring architecture from across the world in 3D, creatives can hone their vision and give shape to new ideas.
- Product Launches: When new products are introduced, promotion activity is given special effort. Marketers can use 3D technology to enable customers to closely inspect new products and learn more about their features.
- Projection-Mapping: Projection mapping enables creative professionals to give life to lifeless structures and tell stories through lifelike 3D art. With projection mapping, users can create an immersive experience that is memorable.