Comparing 20 vendors in Composites across 83 criteria.
Access Research To
- Expand Total Addressable Market
- Formulate Go To Market Plans
- Build Competitive Right to Win
- Identify Top Customers to Grow
The Composites Companies quadrant is a comprehensive industry analysis that provides valuable insights into the global market for Composites. This quadrant offers a detailed evaluation of key market players, technological advancements, product innovations, and emerging trends shaping the industry. MarketsandMarkets 360 Quadrants evaluated over 150 Composites Companies of which the Top 20 Composites Companies were categorised and recognized as the quadrant leaders.
Composites are reinforcement of fibers into the polymer matrix system”. Fibers include Glass Fiber, Carbon Fiber, Natural Fiber and Aramid Fiber and matrix systems are Thermoset Resin like Epoxy, Polyester, Vinyl Ester, Cyanate Easter etc. and Thermoplastic Resins like (PP, PA, PEEK, PEAK etc.). Based on this fiber and resin system we have considered the composites products like, LFT, SFT, Prepreg, Composites Tapes, Composites laminates, BMC, SMC etc.
The 360 Quadrant efficiently maps the composites companies based on criteria such as revenue, geographic presence, growth strategies, investments, channels of demand, and sales strategies for the market presence of the composites quadrant. While the top criteria for product footprint evaluation included Fiber Type (Glass Fiber Composites, Carbon Fiber Composites and Natural Fiber Composites), Resin Type (Thermoset Composites and Thermoplastic Composites), Manufacturing Process and End-Use.
Key trends highlighted in 360 Quadrants:
- The composites market is projected to register a CAGR of 8.2% between 2022 and 2027, it was USD 113.6 billion in 2022 and is projected to reach USD 168.6 billion by 2027. The market for composites is vibrant and expanding. The rising demand for sustainable composites, high-performance composites, and lightweight materials is driving the market. Developing innovative manufacturing techniques will also aid in the market's expansion.
- Increasing demand for lightweight materials is being made in the composites Industry. Composites companies are modifying their composites portfolio to meet the demand of the aerospace and automotive industries. In November 2021, Today, leading global producers of high-performance thermoplastic materials in the form of finished parts and semi-finished products Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials (MCAM) and Celanese Corporation, a chemical and speciality materials company, announced a partnership to further develop mechanical recycling options for both post-industrial and post-consumer sources of polyoxymethylene (POM), also known as acetal copolymer.
- Based on resin type thermoset composites account largest market share in terms of value, because of their low cost and high performance. Heat and high temperatures won't harm thermoset composites. As a result, they are more frequently used in end-use industries like transportation and aerospace and defense that demand temperature-resistant materials. Some of the composites companies in the domain include Ownes Corning, Toray, Teijin and others.
- Based on fiber type, glass fiber composites account largest market share in terms of value and volume in 2022, Due to the high demand of sector high demand from sectors like sporting products, building & infrastructure, and wind energy installation.
- A major aspect of creating development prospects for composites companies is increasing. In North America, the construction sector is expanding significantly. The usage of composites in the construction industry is expanding significantly because to the rise in demand for high-strength and corrosion-resistant construction materials in housing and civil applications.
- A major aspect of creating development prospects for composites companies is the demand for composites in the automotive and transportation sectors is also anticipated to increase due to the growing emphasis on electric vehicles, declining carbon fiber costs, and expanding use of natural fiber composites in the automotive sector.
- Another reason driving the composites companies is the increased demand for composites materials. Composites manufacturers are continuously introducing new products to meet the demand of customers. In February 2021, Teijin Launches new Tenax PW (power series) and Tenax BM (beam series) brands of carbon fiber intermediate materials for sports applications.
- Europe was the largest market for composites companies, accounting for 35% of the overall market in terms of value. The reason for composites in Europe is primarily driven by the aerospace, transportation, and wind energy industries. These are the main sectors where composites are used nowadays. Leading the way in the utilization of natural fiber composites is Germany. For upholstery applications, renowned German manufacturers like Mercedes-Benz, Audi, and BMW primarily use natural fiber composites.
- The market is dominated by major composites companies top players Owens Corning, Toray Industries, Teijin Limited, Mitsubishi chemical and SGL these top composites companies accounted for a total 38.7% share of global composites market. The remaining composites companies accounted for 61.3 % share of the market.
- Companies are adopting various strategies such as new product launches, acquisitions, expansions, and partnerships. Some composites companies are focusing on launching new fibers and products. For instance, in 2021, A new line of aramid fiber composites for automotive applications was introduced by the composites business Hexcel Corporation. These composites are perfect for use in automotive applications since they have higher strength and are lightweight.
- A significant market for composites is North America. The primary cause of this is the region's aerospace and defense industry's high demand for carbon fiber. The region is home to many key composite companies. Cite an example, in August 2022, Today, it was disclosed that Owens Corning and Pultron Composites had inked a contract to establish a joint venture to produce fiberglass rebar that leads the market. The companies' commitment to offering more environmentally friendly product options and higher-performing concrete reinforcement products is strengthened by this collaboration. Additionally, it expands consumer access to MATEENBARTM FiberglasTM Rebar for heavy-load structural applications and PINKBAR Fiberglas Rebar for flatwork and residential applications. Both items satisfy Grade III codes set forth by ACI, ASTM, ICC-ES, and CSA, and can be used in place of steel rebar.
The Full List
|Company||Headquarters||Year Founded||Holding Type|
|Avient||Avon Lake, USA||2000||Private|
|China Jushi||Zhejiang, China||1999||Public|
|Huntsman||The Woodlands, USA||1970||Public|
|Johns Manville||Denver, USA||1858||Private|
|Owens Corning||Toledo, USA||1938||Public|
|Sabic||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia||1976||Public|