Comparing 15 vendors in PU and PU Foam across 23 criteria.
Access Research To
- Expand Total Addressable Market
- Formulate Go To Market Plans
- Build Competitive Right to Win
- Identify Top Customers to Grow
The PU and PU Foam Companies quadrant is a comprehensive industry analysis that provides valuable insights into the global market for PU and PU Foam. This quadrant offers a detailed evaluation of key market players, technological advancements, product innovations, and industry trends. MarketsandMarkets 360 Quadrants evaluated over 100 PU and PU foam companies of which the Top 15 PU and PU Foam Companies were categorised and recognized as the quadrant leaders.
Polyurethane (PU) foams are produced by combining diisocyanates with one or more short-chain or long-chain diols. A variety of polyurethane foam grades and blends used in commercial applications are developed through the reaction of several combinations of these chemical compounds. Polyurethane foams are commonly used for padding and insulation in furniture and clothing, as well as for manufacturing resins used in adhesives, elastomers, and fillers.
There are various types of polyurethane foams available in the market, including rigid foams, flexible foams, and spray foams. These foams are used in various end-use industries such as bedding & furniture, building & construction, electronics, automotive, footwear, and packaging. The flexible foam segment is projected to account for the largest share of the market in terms of volume during the forecast period. The growth of this segment can be attributed to the increasing demand for flexible foam in bedding & furniture and automotive industries across the world. The demand for rigid and spray polyurethane foams is mainly driven by their increased use in thermal insulation in the building & construction end-use industry.
The 360 Quadrant efficiently maps the PU and PU Foam companies based on criteria such as revenue, geographic presence, growth strategies, investments, channels of demand, and sales strategies for the market presence of the PU and PU Foams quadrant. The top criteria for product footprint evaluation included Type (Rigid Foam, Flexible foam, and Spray foam) and end-use (Building and construction, Bedding, and furniture, Automotive, Electronics, Footwear and Packaging).
Key trends highlighted in 360 Quadrants:
- The polyurethane (PU) foam market is expected to grow from USD 42.8 billion in 2022 to USD 61.5 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 7.5% from 2022 to 2026. This growth of the market is majorly driven by the rising demand for polyurethane foam across various end-use industries.
- The polyurethane foam market is part of a consolidated global market that is witnessing moderate growth. PU and PU Foam companies are modifying their PU and PU Foam portfolio to meet the demand of the building construction industry. For instance, In September 2022, Covestro AG, one of Germany’s largest producers of PU foam, introduced more sustainable polyether polyols based on bio-circular raw materials. While Wanhua Chemical successfully started a rigid polyurethane (PU) foam recycling pilot plant, a milestone for its efforts to implement PU recycling and reuse.
- In terms of volume, the flexible foam category is anticipated to hold the greatest share of the polyurethane foam market in 2021, at 52.2%. The widespread usage of flexible foams in the automotive, electronics, packaging, bedding, and furniture end-use industries is responsible for this market segment's expansion. Some of the PU and PU Foam companies in the domain include Covestro AG, BASF SE, Wanhua Chemical Group, Dow Inc., and others.
- Due to stringent government regulations, the PU and PU foam companies is witnessing a shift from the conventional polyols used in manufacturing PU foams towards using bio-based polyols such as soy-based polyols. These bio-based polyols offer significant benefits over conventional polyols and resolve toxicity associated with isocyanates and other raw materials.
- A major aspect of creating development prospects for PU and PU Foam companies is increasing investments in emerging markets. Due to the enormous expansion of the automotive and electronics PU and PU foams are in great demand in rising economies in the Asia Pacific.
- Another primary reason driving the for PU and PU foams companies is the increased demand for developing and increasing the performance of foams. PU and PU foam manufacturers are continuously introducing new products to meet the demands of customers. For instance, in September 2022, Covestro introduced polyether polyols using bio-circular feedstock. Together with renewable1 toluene diisocyanate (TDI) and climate-neutral methylene diphenyl diisocyanate (MDI), the company can supply both key raw material components to produce polyurethane (PU) foams based on alternative raw materials.
- The polyurethane foam market has been divided into the following end-use industries: bedding and furniture, building & construction, electronics, automotive, footwear, packaging, and others. Transportation, textiles & clothes, and appliances are included in the market's other segment. The consumption of polyurethane foams is anticipated to rise globally at an average rate from 2021 to 2026 because of the expanding demand for them in a variety of end-use sectors.
- Asia Pacific was the largest market for PU and PU foam companies, accounting for 47% of the overall market in terms of volume, followed by North America and Europe in 2022, and it is expected to be the fastest-growing region during 2022 and 2027. The reason for this is the need for Different types of polyurethane foam have been developed because of advancements in the industry and growing demand for polyurethane foams from a variety of industries and PU and PU foam companies operating in the region.
- This market is dominated by major PU and PU foam companies Covestro, BASF, Wanhua Chemical, Huntsman and others. These PU and PU foam companies account for an approximate 75% share of the overall PU and PU foam market.
- Companies are adopting various strategies for acquisitions, product launches, and contracts & agreements to increase their share in the market. Some of the PU and PU foam companies are focusing on launching new foams and expanding their manufacturing unit and increasing their market shares exploring geographic diversification in the emerging regions in the Asia Pacific and Middle east region. For instance, In April 2022, PPG acquired Arsonsisi's powder coatings business for expanding its manufacturing capabilities in Europe, the Middle East and Africa region.
- PU and PU Foam companies are also focused on building strategies to address the demand for the automotive industry. Cite an example, in 2023, Wanhua Chemical shared sustainable solutions for the automotive industry at the 2023 EUROPUR & EURO-MOULDERS Conference in Budapest, Hungary. To ensure that the finished product has low VOC and low odor characteristics, Wanhua Chemical continuously optimizes the production process, starting with the selection of high-quality raw materials and moving on to precise temperature control, catalyst content, and antioxidant control in the reaction. The company is also outfitted with specialized post-treatment equipment.
- Most of the PU and PU foam companies are introducing innovative foams, like energy-efficient, versatile insulation, they may significantly decrease energy expenses, resulting in the energy efficiency of both commercial and residential structures. To maintain a consistent temperature and low noise levels, they are widely utilized in residential and commercial buildings. For instance, in May 2023, At the Battery Show this week, Huntsman will introduce new polyurethane, carbon nanotube, and epoxy materials that are intended to aid ease the integration of batteries into electric vehicles while enhancing their safety and performance.
The Full List
|Company||Headquarters||Year Founded||Holding Type|
|Huntsman||The Woodlands, USA||1970||Public|
|Sekisui Chemical||Tokyo, Japan||1947||Public|
|UFP Technologies||Georgetown, USA||1963||Public|
|Wanhua Chemical||Yantai, China||1998||Public|