Comparing 15 vendors in Water Treatment Chemicals across 33 criteria.
Access Research To
- Expand Total Addressable Market
- Formulate Go To Market Plans
- Build Competitive Right to Win
- Identify Top Customers to Grow
360 Quadrants releases its list of “Top 15 Water Treatment Chemical Companies, Worldwide 2023”, in partnership with MarketsandMarkets. The report recognizes the standouts in the Water treatment chemicals Companies market ranging from mid-sized enterprises to fortune 500 companies. The water treatment chemicals vendors evaluation was conducted over 200 companies of which top 15 were categorized and recognized as the new economic quadrant leaders.
Key trends highlighted in 360 Quadrant’s study include:
- The market for water treatment chemicals was worth USD 35.15 billion in 2022 and is expected to be worth USD 42.17 billion by 2027. The volume of the global market for water treatment chemicals was 13,148.8 kilotons in 2022 and between 2022 and 2027, it is anticipated to increase at a CAGR of 3.0%.
- The demand for freshwater and clean water is rising because of industrial activity and population growth. The availability of water, usage patterns, the presence of contaminants, governmental regulations, and trade-offs between different chemical compounds are some additional factors that affect demand. The market for water treatment chemicals is anticipated to be driven by rising water usage standards or regulations set by governments, as well as rising water scarcity and demand for clean water from municipalities and industry.
- Corrosion inhibitors are anticipated to increase at the quickest rate during the forecast period, with a CAGR of 5.31% in terms of value. In terms of value, biocides & disinfectants held the second-largest market share of 18.6% in 2022 and were anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 3.02% over the course of the forecast period.
- In terms of value, synthetic water treatment chemicals held a bigger market share (57.4%) in 2022. Bio-based chemicals for water treatment had 42.6% of the market in 2022, in terms of value. The increasing need for environmentally friendly and sustainable materials in water treatment is what is driving the expansion of the bio-based category.
- During the projection period, water desalination is anticipated to expand at the highest CAGR of 3.76%. Rising freshwater scarcity is driving up demand for desalination, particularly in the Middle East and Africa, which is further supporting the expansion of the market for water treatment chemicals.
- The market for chemicals used in water treatment was dominated by North America in 2022, then Asia Pacific and Europe. Asia Pacific is the fastest-growing market. Due to factors like the region's dense population, accelerating industrial growth, and strict environmental regulations, there is an increasing need for chemicals used in water treatment.
- Ecolab Inc. (US), Kemira Oyj (Finland), BASF SE (Germany), Solenis (US), Dow Inc. (US) and Nouryon (Netherland) are the market's top competitors.
- The leading market players adopted mergers, partnerships, collaborations, and acquisitions as the key strategies due to intense competition in the market. In May 2022, Solenis purchased Neu Kimya Anonim irketi (Neu Kimya), a Turkish manufacturer and supplier of specialized chemicals. Neu Kimya services the heavy/light water treatment and oil and gas industries in Turkey, Southeast Europe, and the Middle East. In August 2022, to act as the sole distributor of its unique LumaTreat tagged polymers in the US and Canada, Nouryon established an exclusive collaboration with Brenntag Specialties. The arrangement covered a broad range of Nouryon's specialty polymers, giving water treatment professionals easier access to vital components for cooling and heating systems used in commercial and industrial settings.
- The top market players also make investments such as geographical expansion, to offer their experience in water treatment chemicals and extensive industry knowledge. Nalco Water, Ecolab's water and process management division, planned to design, build, run, own, and maintain a new water treatment facility at Shell Jurong Island, a chemical manufacturing site. The plant was slated to start up in July 2023 and was anticipated to help Shell achieve its goal of conserving water. Ecolab would oversee supervising the design and construction phase as well as the final commissioning and operation.
The Full List
|Company||Headquarters||Year Founded||Holding Type|
|Baker Hughes||Houston, USA||1987||Public|
|Ecolab||Saint Paul, USA||1923||Public|
|Hydrite||Brookfield, Wisconsin, US||1929||Private|
|Ion Exchange||Mumbai, India||1964||Public|
|Ixom||East Melbourne, Australia||2014||Private|
|Kurita Water||Tokyo, Japan||1949||Private|
|SNF Floerger||Andrézieux, France||1978||Private|