Comparing 21 vendors in Pharmaceutical Packaging Equipment across 79 criteria.
POWERED BY MARKETSANDMARKETS
Mar 20, 2023
360 Quadrants releases its list of “Top 21 Pharmaceutical Packaging Equipment Companies, Worldwide 2023” in partnership with MarketsandMarkets. The report recognizes the standouts in the pharmaceutical packaging equipment market ranging from mid-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 companies. The vendor evaluation was conducted on over 200 companies, of which the top 21 were categorized and recognized as the new economic quadrant leaders.
Key trends highlighted in 360 Quadrant’s study include:
- The global pharmaceutical packaging equipment market is driven by the rapidly growing demand for generic and biopharmaceutical markets, growth in OTC drug sales, rising need for flexible and integrated packaging equipment, and other such factors.
- Europe is the largest regional market for pharmaceutical packaging equipment, with a share of 32.2% in 2022, followed by Asia Pacific and North America. This growth in the European market is majorly driven by high pharmaceutical production, increasing demand for flexible packaging by major pharmaceutical manufacturers, and regulatory changes that are compelling pharmaceutical manufacturers to replace their older equipment with new equipment to adhere to the changing standards.
- Based on product type, primary packaging equipment accounted for the largest share (53.3%) of the pharmaceutical packaging equipment market in 2021. Factors such as the rising need for aseptic filling and the increasing demand for parenteral vials and prefillable syringes are fostering the growth of this segment.
- The liquid packaging equipment segment accounted for 53% of the pharmaceutical packaging equipment market, followed by solid packaging equipment (30%) and semi-solid packaging equipment (12%) in 2022.
- The pharmaceutical packaging equipment market is dominated by companies like Robert Bosch GmbH (Syntegon Technology) (Germany), IMA S.p.A., (Italy) and Korber AG (Germany), which together account for a share of 30-35% of the overall share. Other entities such as Coesia S.p.A (Italy), Marchesini Group (Italy), Bausch + Ströbel Maschinenfabrik Ilshofen GmbH + Co. KG (Germany), Ulhmann Group (Germany), Maquinaria Industrial Dara, SL (Spain), Multivac Group (Germany), Accutek Pharmaceutical Packaging Equipment Companies(USA), and others capture the remaining 65-70% of the total market.
- Some of the key strategies adopted by the top players in the market in the last few years include product launches and enhancements, acquisitions, partnerships, and geographic expansions. For instance, Syntegon Technology showcased new solutions for the process development and manufacturing of solid pharmaceuticals. Korber offered its customers an enhanced product of the Werum PAS-X MES Suite in partnership with Inmation Software GmbH, located in Germany.
The Full List
The Full List
|Logo||Rank & Company||Headquarters||Year Founded||Holding Type|
|1. Syntegon||Waiblingen, Germany||1969||Private|
|2. IMA||Bologna, Italy||1961||Public|
|3. ACG||Mumbai, India||1961||Private|
|4. Marchesini Group||Bologna, Italy||1974||Private|
|5. Körber||Hamburg, Germany||1946||Private|
|6. Coesia||Bologna, Italy||1923||Private|
|7. MULTIVAC||Wolfertschwenden, Germany||1961||Private|
|8. OPTIMA packaging||Schwaebisch Hall, Germany||1922||Private|
|9. MG2||Bologna, Italy||1966||Private|
|10. Uhlmann Group||Laupheim, Germany||1948||Private|
|11. Accutek Packaging||Vista, USA||1989||Private|
|12. Bausch + Ströbel||Ilshofen, Germany||1967||Private|
|13. Busch Machinery||Tucson, USA||1996||Private|
|14. TRUSTAR Pharma||Wenzhou, China||2006||Private|
|15. AST||Tacoma, USA||2006||Private|
|16. Harro Höfliger||Allmersbach im Tal, Germany||1975||Private|
|17. Dara Pharma||Barcelona, Spain||1996||Private|
|18. Vanguard||Spring, USA||1997||Private|
|19. Truking||Changsha, China||2000||Private|
|20. ACIC||Brantford, Canada||1973||Private|
|21. Duke Tech.||Bhuvaldi, India||2009||Private|