Comparing 19 vendors in Flexible Paper Packaging Market across 79 criteria.
POWERED BY MARKETSANDMARKETS
Mar 20, 2023
360 Quadrants produces a list of “Top 19 Flexible Paper Packaging Companies, Worldwide 2023,” in partnership with MarketsandMarkets. The report recognizes standouts in the flexible paper packaging market, ranging from mid-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 companies. The vendor evaluation was conducted on over 200 companies, of which the top 19 were categorized and recognized as the new economic quadrant leaders.
Key trends highlighted in 360 Quadrants:
- Based on the packaging type, the flexible paper packaging market in the pouches segment accounted for 35% by value in 2022, followed by the wraps segment. While the growth of the pouches segment is due to their versatile and lightweight nature, the growth of the wraps segment can be attributed to the growth of online sales and the rising e-commerce industry trend.
- Flexography offers a broad range of ink types, many of which need very little or no drying time. Due to such properties, this technique is popular in the flexible paper packaging market. In 2022, it accounted for nearly 42% of the overall flexible paper packaging market.
- The Asia Pacific region dominated the market in 2022 by accounting for 48% in terms of value in the flexible paper packaging market. The main reasons attributed to this dominance can be the rising middle-class population, increased consumption of packed products, increasing demand from the healthcare industry, and rising disposable income, among others.
- The market for flexible paper packaging is fragmented in nature. Companies like Amcor Ltd. (Switzerland), Mondi Group (UK), SONOCO Products (USA), Sealed Air (USA), and Huhtamaki Oyj (Finland) are the top five players in the flexible paper packaging market and hold a significant share due to their strong customer base, geographical presence, and product offerings.
- One of the main strategies used by market participants to expand in the flexible paper packaging market is mergers and acquisitions, along with new product launches. For instance, in 2022, Mondi and Reckitt launched paper-based packaging for Finish dishwasher tabs with 75% less plastic. In the same year, TC Transcontinental Packaging(Canada), a unit of Canadian packaging company TC Transcontinental, acquired the Colombian agro-industrial packaging company, Banaplast.
The Full List
The Full List
|Logo||Rank & Company||Headquarters||Year Founded||Holding Type|
|1. Sabert||Sayreville, USA||1983||Private|
|2. Mondi||Weybridge, UK||1967||Public|
|3. Sealed Air||Charlotte, USA||1960||Public|
|4. TC Transcontinental||Montreal, Canada||1976||Public|
|5. Sonoco||Hartsville, USA||1899||Public|
|6. Amcor||Southbank, Australia||1896||Public|
|7. Visy||Melbourne, Australia||1948||Private|
|8. Huhtamaki||Espoo, Finland||1920||Public|
|9. Wihuri||Helsinki, Finland||1901||Private|
|10. Sappi||Rosebank, South Africa||1936||Public|
|11. DS Smith||London, UK||1940||Private|
|12. Jujo Thermal||Kauttua, Finland||1990||Private|
|13. PakPlast||Smithfield, Australia||1982||Private|
|14. Silgan||Stamford, USA||1987||Public|
|15. Tupperware||Orlando, USA||1946||Public|
|16. D&W Fine Pack||Wood Dale, USA||2010||Private|
|17. Graham Packaging||Lancaster, USA||1970||Private|
|18. Dart||Mason, USA||1960||Private|
|19. C-P Flexible Packaging||York, USA||1958||Private|