Hudson is an Eclipse technology project which is a continuous integration (CI) tool written in Java. It can run in a servlet container like ApacheTomcat or GlassFish application server. It holds the Eclipse Public Licence 1.0. This CI server and execution platform is used globally with more than 30,000 active installations.
Hudson continuous integration tool is quick and easy. Configuration changes requiring Hudson restart provide a button for the same. Hudson aims at fixing any free memory which is not being utilized. Some of the exciting features of Hudson are listed below.
- Supports SCM tools including Subversion and CVS.
- Enables the use of Git and Clearcase.
- Allows automation of scripts.
- Enables import and export of external projects.
- Ensures chain management.
- Provides configuration management.
- Tracks parts of the codes which are wrong or improperly formatted.
- Enables constant updates to codes.
- Provision of a powerful IDE supported across various platforms.
- Makes available dozens of plugins.
Hudson pricing is not available online like most software firms. This is done due to the dependency of prices on factors like duration of use, services used, tools required and others. To get more information about Hudson pricing, one can easily use the ‘Contact Us' option. Its download packages are available in 32 bits and 64 bits.
The prior versions of Hudson can be upgraded along with downloading new versions of the same through its website. It also provides for a free version of the Hudson book. It is a reference/guidance book available online in HTML and PDF formats. The options to install its different versions as per the needs of the users are accessible through its site.