Desktop virtualization refers to isolating a desktop operating system, data, and application from physical devices. It assists in overcoming challenges confronted by conventional PCs, such as information leakage, complicated resource management, time-consuming maintenance, and low resource utilization. Through desktop virtualization, enterprises can access dedicated desktops and applications using any device, anytime, and anywhere, thereby delivering a secure, flexible, and convenient office experience to the end-user. Desktop virtualization separates the end-user desktop computing experience from the physical hardware hosting those desktops.
Visionary leaders are the leading market players in terms of new developments such as product launches, innovative technologies, and the adoption of growth strategies. These players have a broad product offering that caters to most of the regions globally. Visionary leaders primarily focus on acquiring the leading market position through their strong financial capabilities and their well-established brand equity.
Innovators in the competitive leadership mapping are vendors that have demonstrated substantial product innovations as compared to their competitors. The companies have focused on product portfolios. However, they do not have very strong growth strategies for their overall business, when compared with the visionary leaders.
Dynamic Differentiators are established players with very strong business strategies. However, they have a weaker product portfolio compared to the visionary leaders. They generally focus only on a specific type of technology related to the product.
Emerging companies have niche product and service offerings. Their business strategies are not as strong as that of the established vendors. The emerging vendors include the new entrants in the market, emerging in terms of product portfolio and geographic reach, and require time to gain significant traction in the market.
Desktop Virtualization Software Quadrant
Find the best Desktop Virtualization Software solution for your business, using ratings and reviews from buyers, analysts, vendors and industry experts
- Product Quality and Reliability
- Rate your support and maintaince services associated with desktop virtualization solutions?
- Medium -
- Low -
- High -
- Does the company mainataining long term relartionships with existing deployments?
- Product Features and Functionality
- How you rate your solution in terms of compatibility with other applications/software?
- End-to end smart workplace solution
- Product Differentiation and Impact on Customer Value
- Please rate your implementation, maintaince and support services.
- How do you differentiate your services from your competitors ? Please brief some important points.
- Focus on Product Innovation
- What was your R&D spend in desktop virtualization, in FY2016?
- Which of the following product enhancement development done by the company in last 3 years?
- Product Enhancement
- New Product Launch
- Breadth and Depth of Product Offering
- Which products/solutions do you offer in desktop virtualization market?
- Others (including RDS)
- Integration Capabilities