Best EMS Software for 2020
EMS stands for Emergency Medical Services. EMS Software comprises different types of applications that assist EMS organizations in execution their day-to-day duties, like call taking, personnel management and scheduling, dispatching, patient care reporting and data collection. The term EMS denotes to the treatment and carriage of people in emergency health situations that may be life menacing. Emergency medical assistance is applied in an extensive variety of situations from road accidents to drownings to incidents of severe heart failure or heart attack.
The best EMS Software offers information management tools for ambulance and EMS organizations, hospitals, critical care services, and fire departments. EMS employees and departmental management solutions involve, but are not restricted to, employing and onboarding; patient records; and call, unit, billing, and motor vehicle management. Companies use EMS tools to reduce patient care record (PCR) information mistake, assist 911 and CAD systems, enable quick response time for first responders, maintain workforce training, and offer real-time risk management reporting and tracking.
EMS Software systems are generally employed across volunteer, municipal, county, city, and commercial agencies. The best EMS Software regularly incorporates with GPS, payroll, HR, and billing solutions and be likely to be customizable to suit your organization’s requirements.
To be eligible for addition in the Emergency Medical Services Software category, a product must:
Arrange an EMS team's emergency response
Offer transparency into field operationsSimplify personnel, call, unit, and station management
Top 10 GIS Software (geographic information system)
- ESO EHR
- Emergency Reporting
- Traumasoft EMS
- Nexgen CAD
- New World Public Safety
- ImageTrend EMS Critical Care
- MEDHOST EDIS
ESO EHR - ESO Electronic Health Record (EHR) enables you to easily generate quality EMS clinical documentation. The software is much superior and advanced that it essentially provides you with more data than you put in. It provides a comprehensive suite of software products for EMS organizations, like fire departments, and hospitals that are changing the approach first responders gather, communicate, report, and evaluate critical information to enhance community health and safety. It is more than simply an ePCR, the software enables you make healthier treatment decisions and create a stronger range of care. Read more
Emergency Reporting - Emergency Reporting offers one of the best platforms for managing your complete public safety agency. The software enables you to easily extract useful information by in putting good data. Its Fire and EMS solution blends NFIRS and NEMSIS 3 into a separate incident report. With its powerful data management components, you can describe your story, preserve your budget, and keep on your staffs safe. EMS Solution offerd field-friendly, NEMSIS 3-compatible ePCRs that allow your staffs to rapidly complete their reports. Read more
Traumasoft EMS - Traumasoft is a single system that can manage every aspect of your EMS operation. The system consist of unified solutions handles crew, combines processes, handles assets, and grows revenue. It’s online booking tools plus CAD simplify processes from trip consumption to destination and the whole thing in between. It enables you to track all motor vehicles and equipment, make maintenance requests, and trace cash spent in one entire system. Read more
Nexgen CAD - When it comes to providing EMS with the software that they require for smooth functions, Nexgen CAD Public Safety Solutions is the best option for your department or municipality. The software optimizes your functions and enhance your service to the society. Nexgen CAD can combines and integrate your current data from your old system into a simplified system that is simple to use and handle. Nexgen CAD helps your organization or municipality with reposts, scheduling, and training. The software also enables you to substitute old mainframe and DOS systems with bit to no downtime. Read more
New World Public Safety - New World Public Safety, previously known as Aegis Public Safety, is a unified solution, that will assist any public group arrange dispatch, field reporting, records management, mobile computing, and corrections. By integrating this software will offer your staff with enhanced safety by providing them immediate access to crucial information to assist make informed decisions prior to arriving on the scene. Read more
Omnigo - Omnigo Software is one of the leading providers of public safety, security management solutions , and incident reporting for law enforcement, healthcare, gaming, hospitality, education, and other enterprises, and provides simple and flexible applications that deliver actionable understanding for making more knowledgeable decisions. Presently used by more than 2,000 clients in 20 distinct countries, Omnigo software has helped law enforcement and security professionals globally secure their organizations’ asset, safeguard against revenue loss, and make sure the safety of the public. Read more
ImageTrend EMS Critical Care - ImageTrend’s ePCR solutions are linked for better data flow – import data from CAD systems for quick documentation, connect to Patient Tracking for navigating and diversion, guide ePCRs electronically to get emergency departments, present billing-ready PCRs and obtain outcomes from contributing hospitals. For departments with a community paramedicine program, ePCR data from ImageTrend Elite can be incorporated with ImageTrend Elite Community Health. Read more
The global EMS Software market is projected to grow from USD 290.7 million in 2019 to USD 407.6 million by 2025 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.8%. EMS is a particular system within the healthcare segment that offers emergency medical treatment to the patients. When an incident is occurred that results in severe illness or injury, the key objective of EMS is to provide emergency medical assistance and care to patients even on the way to the hospital. EMS is very easily identified when the emergency motor vehicle or helicopters are spotted countering to emergency events. EMS in actual life is too severe than a normal drive to the hospital. It is generally a system of well-synchronized reply and critical medical care that includes numerous people and agencies. A complete EMS Software is organized every day for managing all types of crises. The best EMS Software is a sophisticated software solution, where every component of the solution has a key role to accomplish for enduring a synchronized and seamless system of medical care and assistance.
EMS Software market is segmented by application, type, and organization size catered. Based on Type, the best EMS Software market is further divided into Timekeeping and Scheduling, (CAD) Computer Aided Dispatch, Billing, EPCR and Field Data, Training and Other, etc. Based on Application, the best EMS Software market is divided into Hospital and Clinic, Government and NGO, Others, etc.
In an urgent situation, minimalism is key. Initial responders confront dangerous, life-threatening situations as component of the job. Companies that work in such high-risk situations require to closely watch business matters such as reporting, licensing, training, quality improvement, compliance, and a lot more - that includes an excessive paperwork to the task of protecting lives.
EMS Management includes the complexity of compliance management. An integrated, comprehensive solution enables government organizations and privately-owned companies streamline their business operations.
EMS and employee management software convert all your paperwork into a paperless approach. The best EMS software helps you to communicate goals, key messages, and announcements to your staff. Most significantly, the training and certification systems assist you keep your organization in complete compliance with association and certification standards.
The best EMS software is a comprehensive software solution for nearly all your regular operational tasks like-
Keeping and maintaining staff data and emergency contacts in single place for easy access manager.
Follow & Trace staff data involving uniform sizes, locker assignments, fuel cards, and much more.
Documentation and communication of significant protocol changes, business policies, motor vehicle and equipment maintenance to workforce, and validate with read receipt.
Record and determine day-to-day operational concerns through a systematic method for cases like vehicle issues, equipment failures, medication errors, safety issues, accidents, and more.
Setting up a Quality Improvement (QI) control panel that traces, informs, reports, and inspect issues that occur.
Supervise and trend company event reports, and automatically designate them by group to members in your agency.
Track & Trace certificates to recall staff regarding impending expirations, and automatically avoid scheduling of staff members with expired certificates.
Generate and allocate forms for staff distribution. Track and report staff feedback and validate form tasks and completion.
Modify and manage computer-generated checklists with EMS-particular templates for quarterly skills proficiency, drug checks, equipment & vehicle test, and more. Validate whether your crew has finished all the required documentation.
Offer EMS specialists with instant access to online courses and track CEUs for relicensing. Categorize sequences into types for sorting and allocating to crew members.
Setting crew schedules with factors that handle overtime needs and keep costs in check.
Record protocols, processes, HR records, safety data sheets and more in a secured, free environment with access for those who require it.
Provide staff health records for immunizations, hearing, vision, TB, drug tests, and more, with integrated notifications for appointments and renewals.
Create customized reports for manufacturing, CAAS, and CAMTS audits.
In the extreme and vital field of emergency response services, EMS management software suite provides you peace of mind realizing the company data is in a safe, reliable, HIPAA-compatible system. With comprehensive solutions and committed customer support, EMS organization on top of laws, industry standards, processes, worker management, and all the processes you require to continue your most critical task: safeguarding and saving lives.
The MicroQuadrant matrix by 360Quadrants offers exhaustive information about the best EMS Software vendors. It offers a complete outline describing the conclusions and analysis of how good each vendor works within the predefined MicroQuadrant standards. The vendor evaluations are categorized on 2 main criteria, i.e. Product Maturity and Company Maturity. The vendors have been evaluated based on factors studied under the Product Maturity and Company maturity. Factors considered under product maturity are key product offerings & services, features, product innovation, deployment model, pricing options, and support services. The parameters comprised under the company maturity are regional presence, partner ecosystem, sectors catered, and inorganic strategies like mergers & acquisitions.
Visionary Leaders offer a robust product portfolio to their consumers. These companies majorly invest in R&D to launch pioneering products in the best EMS Software. These companies have a strong global presence and adopted several organic and inorganic strategies to achieve continuous and progressive growth in the best EMS Software market.
Dynamic Differentiators have a large network of channel partners and resellers to enhance the deployment of their solutions. By implementing the strong organic and inorganic business strategies, dynamic differentiators have been continuously generating positive revenue growth in the best EMS Software.
Innovators in the best EMS Software space provide innovative solutions and they also have an extensive range of product offerings. By offering niche and custom-built software requests to the consumers, the innovators have been at the lead in deploying their solutions.
The emerging vendors in the best EMS Software space offer customized and focused EMS Software to their clients. Emerging players always implement new approaches of working to improve business outcomes in the market.
What are the current trends in the EMS Software market?
1. Data will drive system-wide performance enhancements
Data will remain to be a key role for EMS as agencies incorporate more intently with hospitals and vice versa to push enhancements across the complete patient experience. One substantial shift we can anticipate seeing a shift from simple compliance with data submission to the strong use of the data for true performance enhancement and research activities. This implies we can witness a system-wide performance enhancement model vs. merely making enhancements in a silo.
2. The developing federal environment will continue to influence EMS agencies
From Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) rule shifts across controlled substances to Emergency Triage, Treat and Transport (ET3) pilots, movement at the national level will probably impact EMS groups and organizations for several years to come. Moreover, a drug shortage crisis will check federal laws across sharing and holds the possibility to change the markets for generic drugs.
3. The abundance of knowledge is hastening at a record pace
The Cyberspace lets for a spread of knowledge via a range of mediums, involving videos, webinars, etc. Podcasts specifically are exploding up that have a tendency to be more relaxed and conversational in nature. Sharing of knowledge and concepts will improve hasten the industry as a complete, but it is crucial to be decode fact from fiction when it comes to shifting clinical practices that may be based on wrong information.
4. There will be more emphasis on a culture of safety
With more access to data that can lead to positive patient outcomes, we will also leverage data to enhance provider safety in the clearest sense. There will be a change from putting care responsibility on the individual provider to executing wider systemic change to deal with response safety, fatigue, psychological health, and measuring the collective effects of a response to critical events. Developing technology will let organizations see at separate data around high-risk records rather than sifting through piles of data staring for a needle in a haystack.
What are the key features of EMS Software?
The best EMS software offers features that not only enhance the pace of response to challenging situations but also help to save time in record maintaining and lessen errors during patient hand-off. A Few EMS professionals assert that around 80 percent of errors in medical care arise directly from “miscommunication in the course of transfers in care.” Electronic records are simply one approach, EMS specialists and teams can take superior care of patients and achieve the correct data gets to the appropriate medical professionals.
Below are some of the most common features to consider-
1. Scheduling and Timekeeping - A Lot of EMS software solutions offer automated scheduling and timekeeping functionalities. Store employee certifications, state and local time requirements, time off requests, other custom data, and the system will create a comprehensive and compliant schedule that employees and managers can look at and disperse automatically among the team. Teammates can verify their own schedules, exchange shifts with manager approval, and get time off requests on their own time and with no paper. Timekeeping software changes employee hours from time cards to automated check-ins. This lowers payroll time, mistakes, and costs. Payroll professionals can simply export working hours in spreadsheets rather than performing manual entry.
2. CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch) - CAD includes combine phone bank software along with medical recordkeeping and location services to enhance response times and dispatcher effectiveness. This software creates a call queue, permits dispatchers to chase call triage data, program ambulance pickups, and look at patient history. Believe in CAD as a mixture of CRM, VoIP, fleet scheduling services, and location verification, designed to enhance dispatch pace and recordkeeping. Patient records and billing information exists right where the dispatcher can gain access to them and share with designated emergency technicians.
3. Billing – Similar to any medical facility, ambulatory services too need patients to pay for services, and precise record-keeping is crucial. Billing services involved in the best EMS software provide you control over coding and insurance requests. E-billing services provide emergency medical teams to gain access to faster claims and bills, which leads to quicker and more precise payments.
4. ePCR (Electronic Patient Care Reporting) and Field Data - Till latest software innovations provided EMS guardians access to electronic records, complete ePCR data and patient data was documented on paper forms, photocopies of which were given to patients or any other medical professionals. The shift to electronic records has increased accuracy of necessary fields and billing data. Shifting patient records electronically speeds-up interaction with other medical professionals and lessens the chances of missing records.
5. Training and LMS - Emergency medical technicians (EMTs) should remain certified to prevent licensure penalties and stay compliant as per local, state, and federal laws. The best EMS software that involves training functionalities (or a committed and learning and development system) enable users to acquire and retain necessary certifications and keep developing their knowledge with the arrival of new medical innovations or technology.
6. Asset Tracking & Reporting -
Enhance asset tracking by creating reports on items treated in service, the locality of assets, and the lost items. Tracing these emergency vehicles improves the transparency of data for any assets engaged in the treatment offered under emergency medical service.
7. Optimize Physical Inventory - Execute physical inventory assessments via mobile as a barcode scanner to make sure that assets are present where they must be. Then, create a physical inventory report for better insight.
8. Check-In / Check-Out - Scan barcodes utilizing smartphone or barcode scanner to allocate assets to emergency medical technicians, and vehicles. Additionally, note down their check-in and check-out time and particulars to further match the information for cleansing, refilling, or maintenance, etc.
9. Document Tracking - Makes organization more effective by designating barcodes to vital documents like medical supply reports, financial records, or physical inventory documents for auditing process functions.
EMS agencies require a solution that is fast and easy to use owing to the nature of their job and it is essential during this critical time of emergency or any disaster. A tracking system that unites ease of use, pace, and precision is an ideal solution for EMS facilities. Briefly, below are the key points of consideration to implement asset tracking software:
Effective Inventory Control During Emergency
There are 3 variables to manage inventory:
- Inventory refill of warehouse or main inventory.
- Documented use of inventory.
- Inventory refill of in-station or in-ambulance inventory.
What is the Importance of Reporting in EMS Scheduling Software that benefits your Business?
Emergency Medical Services are measured by time—the speed of their reaction, and how they use very fleeting time windows. That time management attitude expands to EMS administrators in the responsibility of scheduling and change oversight. EMS workforce planning is not a task that can be efficiently achieved with paper.
Scheduling software is an essential part of today’s EMS industry. Moreover, reducing the time-consuming chaos of a paper trail, scheduling software supports keep EMS service in great business health in several areas—time, and employee management, staffing, reporting, even service quality.
Common EMS schedule report types
Scheduling software reports include more than mere attendance and time slots. When completely integrated with other aspects of your business - accounting, HR, payroll, and others – they are important tools in creating a profile of your EMS company’s enterprise and wherever it is going.
The most important features of professional EMS scheduling software consist of-
Schedule reports. These let you view the schedule for all your enterprise's employees at a quick look for an overall picture of your regular, weekly, or even monthly schedule. You can also look at the schedules of some employees, narrow down in on certain time frames, or look at past schedule records.
Time-off and vacation reports. Time-off reports allow you to maintain and track records of employees who are availing breaks in the future. You can also look at the vacation growth hours of each employee and awaiting time-off requests, and decide which employees are getting over-benefit of your business’s time-off strategy.
Attendance reports. EMS Scheduling software can demonstrate to you when employees are checking in and out, and where they are placed in the field. These reports show attendance challenges before they occur by displaying patterns and trends of given employees and are simple to rectify errors or discrepancies via easy editing.
Payroll reports. Look Into each employee’s payroll record, sort out by earning code, look at weekly or monthly reviews, validate overtime payouts, and more. Timesheets can be uploaded with detailed accounting software to be sent to payroll companies; thus they can make use of a detailed summary to verify awaiting checks or direct deposits.
Credential trackers. Stay up to date on where every employee stands with certification renewal. The software can transmit notifications to employees when it is time to renew. When linked to educational software, qualification trackers can assist employees to complete the responsibilities needed to complete their certification.
Personnel information. Get easy and simple access to crucial employees’ contact information, experience, emergency contacts, past job history, and other data. Track short term incapacity of your employees with flags for schedulers to evaluate preceding to filling a shift.
What are the key benefits of EMS Software?
Integrating schedule software into your EMS business’s office can swiftly simplify regular office operations, but its benefits can expand to all facets of modern emergency medical service.
1. Keeps employees accountable - EMS software makes it simpler to handle the schedules of your employees, realizing when they check-in and out. It can demonstrate which employees are arriving late and need that they supply a written justification of why they are delayed. The software can also reveal the check-in patterns of every single employee, and thus assist you to make decisions about how to manage potential issues.
2. Allocates better control over company finances - The software can create timesheet reports that provide you a clearer control of your EMS company’s budget and expenditures. You can imagine where the money is going away before you pay, and simply adjust where required. Find more precise perceptions via filters based on earning codes, variable payroll periods, particular employees, or units.
3. Combines information more easily - Data is more accessible and effective when it is centralized and swiftly retrievable. The software updates supervisors and managers by creating shift schedules, regular reports, and other details all in the same area. This decreases the need for the time-diminishing job of manually filing, and sorting amounts of paper reports.
4. Lowers risk and limits liability - EMS scheduling software lets you control workers’ shifts to provide them their needed rest times. This is crucial for their prolonged health and safety, but it also lowers the chance of fatigue-related mistakes and fatal errors that can show your company to carelessness or other legal obligations. Components that control overtime policy can avoid workers from residing on the job extremely long by automatically testing them out in the field.
Credential tracker modules also provide to keep your EMS company’s responsibility. By ensuring that no employees with expired or inadequate accreditation can check-in, you will discourage the legal risk of getting an uncertified specialist out in the field.
5. Enhances your company’s skillset - Credential management in this software can be utilized to achieve your employees’ training on the latest technology, modified processes, license recertification, and practices. This ensures your EMS business is updated and verified in the most efficient, innovative medical emergency tools and methods.
6. Offers broad access to scheduling tools – The software is most efficient when it is available through a variety of screens. Mobile compatibility supports employees to be updated or check-in straight from the field. Managers can look and update data or accept employee requests from their home. Usage of cloud technology for data storage, scheduling software enables you to expand your physical workplace and rise overall efficacy. Send out open moves simply to ensure your shifts are occupied using the technology that only a scheduling platform can offer.
7. Creates data that’s easy to read and export - EMS scheduling software operates with every expressive file program or format- MS Excel, MS Word, CSV, HTML, PDF—any of the most commonly shared software or types. This enables reports easier to create and distribute through all essential departments or parties.
8. An all-in-one solution for schedule and office management - Scheduling software supports in keeping an EMS company on the correct track. It provides managers and schedulers additional power and flexibility with time shifts, inspires interactivity, protects against partial or lost data, lowers down on mistakes, and supports in keeping your company fluid and accountable. It is an essential tool for the tougher needs of 21st-century medical service.
NETS is a prominent Emergency Medical Service Software that helps organizations to take care of billing with ease. It provides integration with ePCR which helps to import accurate data and prevent error alongside making the process seamless. NETS online facilities help the organization to stay active round the clock to promote service along with helping the patients to post requests and pay with ease.