IoT data management is defined as the supervision of data generated from IoT sensors, actuators, and other connected devices in an IoT ecosystem. According to 360 Quadrant analysis, the following have been identified as the top 10 vendors in the Best IoT data management solutions:
Top 10 IoT Data Management Solutions
- IBM Corporation
- Cisco Systems Inc
- Oracle Corporation
- Google Inc
- SAP SE
- PTC Inc
- SAS Institute Inc
- Dell Inc
- Fujitsu Limited
Top IoT Data Management Features
IoT data management consists of data generated from device logs, serial numbers authentication and authorization commands, lifecycle status, permissions, sensors, and setting forecasts. Organizations combine this data from disparate sources into meaningful and valuable information and analyze it further for business or process improvements. It is also important for the organizations to manage the security, consistency, and accuracy of the IoT data.. Below mentioned are of some of the benefits that businesses can consider prior to choosing an ideal IoT Data Management Software:
- Analytics Applications
- Visualization Dashboards
- Mobile IoT Apps
- IoT Service Modernization
- Enterprise-grade Security
- Scalable Architecture
- Scalable Data Storage
- Multi-platform Support
- Relational Database
- Relational Semantics
Top IoT Data Management Use Cases
Gathering, storing and managing IoT data from the field is important as it has a noteworthy impact on the next iteration of a product. Some of the important Iot Data Management Use Cases have been highlighted below:
- IoT Data Management To Create Better Products - IoT data managementallows businesses to determine usage patterns. It also tests all the assumptions made during design and development stages, recognizing flaws in connected devices. In other words, it helps in creating the best connected products possible.
- Predicting Asset Wear - This also relates to connected arrangements and assets. IoT data management is crucial to understand the anticipated wear-and-tear and plan for preservation and repairs. By conducting this examination throughout its life cycle, businesses can also learn if users are operating outside of anticipated patterns.
- Enable Resource Efficiency - The objective of automation is always efficiency. Data on how customers use products allows businesses to make more informed decisions.
- Create effective systems - Complex IoT solutions comprise of many discrete devices. Although each of them distinctly might work to precision, when working as a system, they can behave in unanticipated ways. It’s not sufficient to simply gather telemetric data from discrete devices. The transmission, storage and handling of IoT data allows businesses to recognize problems early on and authenticate the performance of the overall system.
The MicroQuadrant matrix provides information about the major players who offer IoT data management solutions. It outlines the findings and analysis on how well each market vendor performs within the predefined MicroQuadrant criteria. The vendor evaluations are based on 2 broad categories: strength of product portfolio and business strategy excellence. Each category carries various criteria, based on which the vendors have been evaluated. The evaluation criteria considered under strength of product portfolio include breadth and depth of product offering (based on the industries that the vendors cater to, and solution and service offerings), product feature and functionality, product branding, focus on product innovation, and product quality, reliability, and support. The evaluation criteria considered under business strategy excellence include geographic footprint (based on geographic presence), vision alignment, breadth of application served and coverage, channel strategy and fit, and merger and acquisition strategy
International Business Machines (IBM) Corporation, Cisco Systems, Inc., Oracle Corporation, Google Inc., SAP SE, and PTC Inc. are recognized as the visionary leaders in the IoT data management market. They have a strong portfolio of solutions and services which they offer to their commercial clients. The products and solutions of these companies are highly scalable and can be customized as per the requirements of the clients. These companies are investing heavily in R&D to introduce innovations in the IoT space. Moreover, these companies have also undertaken various organic and inorganic strategies to achieve consistent, advanced growth in the IoT data management market.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, SAS Institute Inc., Dell Technologies, Inc., Fujitsu Limited, and Informatica Corporation are recognized as the dynamic differentiators in the IoT data management market. These companies have an extensive network of channel partners and resellers to increase the deployment of their solutions across a multitude of vertical markets. The dynamic vendors have been consistently generating positive revenue growth in the IoT data management market, and their market position is boosted by the organic and inorganic ventures undertaken by them.
Striim, Inc., Eurotech S.p.A., Trustwave Holdings, Inc., Zebra Technologies Corporation, and InfluxData, Inc. are recognized as the innovators in IoT data management market. These companies offer innovative solutions in the space of data integration, data analytics and visualization, and data migration. These companies have strong breadth and depth of product offerings. Innovators have been at the forefront in deploying their solutions for the niche and custom software requirements of the clients.
Teradata Corporation, Altair Engineering, Inc., MuleSoft Inc., Cloudera, Inc., LogMeIn, Inc., Pentaho Corporation, and LogFuze Inc. are recognized as the emerging companies in the IoT data management market. The emerging players are specialized in offering highly niche and tailor-made solutions and services to their clients. These companies devise new ways of working to drive business results in the market.
The implementation of IoT is increasing rapidly in today’s era. The developing sensors are being fitted on to almost every appliance around us to make it automated. Though it makes the task easy, it also adds up more challenges to the business. People make use of IoT that is way beyond prediction. Therefore the Internet of Things (IoT) Data Management solutions by Pentaho comes into the scene. It helps in collecting, managing, and storing IoT data efficiently.