What is Multi cloud management platform?
Multi-cloud is the simultaneous use of multiple cloud computing platforms, providers, and offerings on a single heterogeneous architecture. Multi cloud management platform is an open cloud platform, delivered as-a-service to provide flexibility to enterprises and enable the management of multiple cloud services, such as Infrastructure as a service (IaaS), Platform as a service (PaaS), and Software as a service (SaaS).
In the multi-cloud environment, enterprises can transfer their workload to multiple clouds, depending on the criticality of data and applications. Though they may sound similar, there is a great difference between multi-cloud and hybrid cloud deployment model. Hybrid cloud is an integrated service, provided both in-house and externally. It is an amalgamation of private and public cloud, thereby offering the benefits of both the deployment models, simultaneously. Multi cloud management platform is a more complex solution, where multiple clouds from different providers are used for separate tasks. To automate the task and optimize cost, the enterprises need a robust multi cloud management platform.
The rising need for different applications is driving the adoption of multi cloud management platform among end-users. With the availability of the multi cloud management platform, enterprises can now significantly reduce their dependency on a single provider. Enterprises deploying multiple clouds can have better control on the pricing and can further experience the latest technology developments. In the past few months, companies have realized the importance of the multicloud management platform and are entering the market due to huge potential for growth in the coming years.
The global multi cloud management market is dominated by North America, which is the most advanced region in the adoption of cloud technologies. Services such as migration and integration, and cloud automation are expected to see a major growth in the market due to the increased need for service integration and automated processes. Moreover, in APAC, companies are rapidly outsourcing their IT-related functions, which has made cloud and managed services important for the companies. This has resulted in the increasing demand for multi cloud management platform offerings in this region for services providers, internal and external brokers, and CSPs.
The MicroQuadrant matrix provides information about the major players who offer multi cloud management platform solutions. It outlines the findings and analysis on how well each market vendor performs within the predefined MicroQuadrant criteria. The vendor evaluations are based on 2 broad categories: strength of the product portfolio and business strategy excellence. Each category carries various criteria, based on which the vendors have been evaluated. The evaluation criteria considered under strength of the product portfolio include the breadth and depth of product offering (on the basis of the industries that the vendors cater to, their service offerings, and platform offerings), product feature and functionality, focus on product innovation (on the basis of R&D activities for new service innovations), and product differentiation and impact on customer value. The evaluation criteria considered under the business strategy excellence include vision alignment, effectiveness of organic growth strategy (on the basis of partnerships and revenue generation), channel strategy and fit (on the basis of the channel partners that the vendors cater to), and geographic footprint (on the basis of the geographic presence).
Top Visionary Leaders in Multi Cloud Management Platform
- Microsoft- Microsoft offers simplified management, quicker app development, and consistent Azure services. Microsoft allows users to design, architect, and build cloud-native apps anyplace while not sacrificing central visibility and management.
- Dell- Dell’s multi cloud manager enables enterprises to manage applications across private, public, and hybrid clouds. It resolves numerous governance issues like auto provisioning, auto scaling, automated recovery, automated backups, and smart cloud topology.
- IBM- IBM offers hybrid cloud management platform that enables management, deployment, and automation of multi cloud environments. It offers significant features of deploying a cloud infrastructure with an enhanced user experience.
- Accenture- Accenture offers multi cloud management platform known as Accenture Cloud Platform (ACP). The platform offers innovative features like managed services, support, consumption and resource management analytics, governance, and cross cloud transparency.
- Micro Focus- Micro Focus carries complete straightforwardness to cloud utilization and to spending. It offers itemized multi-cloud reports alongside incredible separating and parsing capacities.
Top Dynamic Differentiators in Multi Cloud Management Platform
- Flexera- Flexera offers innovative cloud solutions for cloud portfolio management, multi cloud management, cloud migration, governance, cloud orchestration, and cloud analytics.
- Cisco- Cisco offers multi cloud management platform that helps companies to centrally manage cloud environment. Major features of this platform include multi cloud blueprint, governance, cost optimization, DevOps integration, and ecosystem extensibility.
- Snow Software- Snow software leverages a set of multi-hypervisor virtualization and cloud management capabilities and permits organizations at any stage of cloud adoption to make and implement the automation, framework, process, and policies that will lead to an optimized hybrid cloud setting.
- BMC Software- BMC Software offers robust multi cloud management solutions including Innovation suite, SecOps response service, TrueSight, Remedy OnDemand, cloud lifecycle management, BMC digital workplace, Control-M, and Discovery for multi cloud.
Top Innovators in Multi Cloud Management Platform
- Rackspace- Rackspace helps in building the best infrastructure solution for interconnected hybrid environment. Companies can use edge computing technologies for applications needing low latency and take advantage of public cloud scalability for applications with high traffic.
- NaviSite- NaviSite is the leading provider of cloud-enabled hosting. It offers a cloud-based, well-managed infrastructure-as-a-service solution. It offers a secure, visible, reliable, robust, and functional platform to the different businesses.
- CloudBolt- CloudBolt helps users in managing their hybrid, multi-cloud environments, and empowering developers with self-service IT. Helping to turn the enterprise IT into the cloud supplier, it gives the ability to unleash a responsive, agile option to hand over IT that offers your DevOps what they need.
- Lumen- Lumen focuses on offering new and innovative multi cloud management platform solutions with the intent to drive simplified service delivery and automation to enhance customer experience and drive growth.
Top Emerging Companies in Multi Cloud Management Platform
- Scalr- Scalr provides an expensive set of capabilities for orchestration, automation, discovery, and template-based provisioning, operational observation and management plus governance and value improvement across multiple private and public clouds.
- Flexiant- Flexiant’s Cloud Orchestrator and Concerto include a variety of features like multi cloud management platform, advanced user interface, and effective application management. It has worked out an array of the leading software and technical expertise in its products which prove to be highly cost-efficient tools which are also very easy to handle.
- Netrix- Netrix provides an easy-to-use cloud management platform (CMP) that enables you to manage your public as well as private clouds. Netrix management helps the operation and build-out of cloud services by banishing the necessity for multiple interfaces and user information of cloud framework.
Products in Multi cloud Management
The multi-cloud management market is segmented by platform into internal enablement platform and external enablement platform; by application into metering and billing, infrastructure and resource management, provisioning, compliance management, lifecycle management, identity and policy management, and others (monitoring and notification); by service type into cloud automation, migration and integration, reporting and analytics, data security and risk management, monitoring and access management, training and consulting, support and maintenance, and others (account and user management, backup, and customer service); by deployment model into private cloud, public cloud, and hybrid cloud.
Top 10 Multi cloud Management vendors:
- Micro Focus
- BMC Software
Need to avoid company database lock-in
Vendor lock-in is basically the inability to move the database from one solution to another.This was the major obstruction in adoption of cloud services. However, the best multi cloud management platform has made it possible for the users to switch among various vendors instead of depending on one.
Demand for flexibility and automation
Looking at the complicated cloud environment, users are in need of something that can be easily scaled and optimally used. With this demand comes added complexity and need for automation. Multi cloud management platform lets companies to automate the process flexibly. Apart from this, users can also benefit from other cloud computing needs comprising, backups and recovery, scaling, and auto provisioning.
Necessity of excellent policies and governance
For proper management and delivery of IT services, there is necessity of excellent policies and governance. This helps in managing resources edficiecntly. With these policies users are able to allocate the IT resources based on the roles , cost, capacity, and requirements as per the rules and regulations.
Application transportability on several cloud environments
On a single platform, cloud service brokers manage cloud resources across various CSPs. It allows businesses to more effectively administer and manage multi-cloud services while also saving time and money on planning and provisioning. The ability to provision and de-provision public cloud services, on the other hand, does not provide application portability, which can be defined as the ability for programmes to run on different cloud environments without modifying the cloud's configuration information. This allows businesses to concentrate on their main business activities, as all resources are grouped on a single platform, removing the need to worry about many platforms and their varied peculiarities.
Compliance with strict guidelines
Industry standards are changing and getting more stringent. Such laws can harm the business. Companies offers services to various verticals like banking, government, healthcare, and IT & telecom. Many such industry regulations, and laws can limit the implementation of services and could reduce its demand.
Revolution opportunity for ISVs into SaaS providers
To cut IT costs and offer cloud-based solutions and services, most on-premises vendors are migrating to the cloud deployment model. To stay competitive, ISVs are changing from software developers to software providers, relying on virtualization and cloud. This gives end-users a lot of flexibility in terms of selecting cloud services from various CSPs based on their needs. More clients are using cloud services on a greater scale as a result of service customization and flexibility. Service providers are increasingly attempting to break into the multi-cloud management industry by simultaneously adopting, managing, and supporting several cloud products.
Significant growth in hybrid cloud adoption
Key trends that are expected to manifest themselves in the hybrid cloud include demand for integrated DevOps, higher adoption of OpenStack solutions, and increased emphasis on operational governance and security management. In addition, the hybrid cloud deployment model helps organizations in efficiently transferring their workloads from on-premises and different cloud environments to a unified platform. It is important for the companies to implement hybrid cloud to enjoy the flexibility of switching between clouds and have the required economies of scale to gain a competitive edge over other companies.
High adoption rate in SMEs
The SMEs are moving their business communications and applications to virtual IT and cloud-based solutions. This has enabled them to develop and deploy applications on cloud that a user can access in a “pay-per-usage” type of model. In this model of payment structure, the customers have access to unlimited resources, and they have the option to pay only for what they actually use. SMEs are inclined towards having the maximum control over their data and infrastructure in the cloud, globally.
Difficulties in restructuring the network for cloud
Redesigning networks from on-premises to cloud necessitates a significant upfront investment, which is tough for SMEs with limited budgets and resources. Furthermore, most businesses have found the transition to cloud deployment to be difficult and costly. To accommodate their cloud infrastructure arrangement, businesses must address a number of concerns, including network architecture. Getting visibility, measuring performance, and managing workloads across multiple cloud deployment models is extremely difficult. Due to its deployment structure and the techniques necessary for establishing and managing multi-cloud environments, complexity is the biggest difficulty in the multi-cloud environment.
Lack of expertise and management overheads
Multi cloud management platform requires a high level of expertise to determine when, where, why, and what needs to be moved to the cloud. Most enterprises lack the expertise to decide on the cloud-based environment, as there are multiple clouds available for selection. This results in increased overall management overheads, investment in VPN connections, and monitoring.
360 Quadrants Research Methodology
Top multi cloud management vendors are rated using the following methodology -
- A highly experienced team of researchers and senior analysts conduct extensive research to generate a list of vendors (competitors).
- A patent-pending algorithm is used to collect inputs from key stakeholders—industry experts, buyers, vendors, and 360Quadrants analysts—based on criteria for Product Maturity and Company Maturity.
- Criteria under Product Maturity include breadth and depth of product offering, applications served, services, product features and functionalities, focus on product innovation, and product differentiation.
- Criteria under Company Maturity include geographic footprint, vision alignment, growth strategy, channel strategy, and fit.
- Approximately 90 in-depth parameters will be considered for research for the best multi cloud management platform market. These parameters will be updated every six months to ensure latest developments are taken into consideration.
- A weight is assigned to each stakeholder based on information gathered pertaining to the above criteria as well as inputs from stakeholders. These inputs follow the order of priority given below:
- Industry Experts
- 360Quadrants Analysts
- Vendors (Competitors)
- The inputs are analyzed, and a final rating is assigned to each vendor (competitor).
- After the finalization of ratings, each vendor is placed in the most relevant quadrant based on their score.
Table of Content (TOC)
- Market Definition
- Market Overview
- Competitive Leadership Mapping Terminology
- Product Performance Scorecard
- Business Strategy Scorecard
- Key Buying Criteria: 1) Product Maturity 2) Strategic Maturity
- Competitor Analysis
- Company Profiles
What are the benefits of multi cloud management platform?
The best Multi cloud management platform offers various benefits including agility, flexibility, scalability, robust security, network performance improvements, and enhanced risk management.
What are the major trends in Multi Cloud Management market?
Major multi cloud management trends:
- Cost control management in multi cloud environment
- Serverless computing
- Cross-cloud integration
- Security applications of multi-cloud
- Multi-cloud data solutions
What is the projected CAGR of Multi cloud management market?
Multi cloud management market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 30.8% from 2021-2028.
Who are the leading multi cloud management vendors?
Leading Multi cloud management vendors are Microsoft, Dell, IBM, Accenture, Micro Focus, UnityOneCloud, and Citrix.
What are the different services offered by Multi cloud management?
Multi cloud management platform offers various services like cloud automation, migration & integration, reporting & analytics, data security & risk management, monitoring & access management, training & consulting, and support & maintenance.
Best Multi Cloud Management Platform
Include analysis from
- Middle East and Africa
- North America
Customised Quadrant For This Market
Comparing 27 vendors in Multi-Cloud Management Platform across 99 criteria.
Navisite is a global company with the leading provider of cloud-enabled hosting. Being in the industry for years, Navisite offers a cloud-based, well-managed infrastructure-as-a-service solution. Since its inception, the company has left no stone unturned when it comes to maximizing the benefits a client can reap out of it. It offers a secure, visible, reliable, robust, and functional platform to the different businesses.
Cloud computing is among the key critical investments of any expanding company, and Microsoft Corporation has realized the need for multiple clouds for this. There is the adoption of hybrid cloud environments which significantly reduces the workload in specific points of your digital infrastructure. Software-defined datacenters are also helpful in achieving productive cloud computing state. Thereby, IT management capabilities are considerably improved by flexibility in asset management and cost-effectiveness.
Micro Focus Hybrid Cloud Management consists of security and identity solutions, mainframe solutions and COBOL development and IT operations management tools. Its multi-cloud management program is a great way to bridge the gap between existing and emerging technologies. The platform works great for businesses to innovate faster on the path to the digital foundation with less risk. It hosts connectivity solutions and network and collaboration solutions. It brings remarkably innovative ideas to life to meet the growing business demands.
Rackspace has worked on various solutions for optimizing digital organizations. Cloud management can be very complex to deal with given the parameters of planning, migrating, and security. Rackspace works on developing solutions for all these different sectors, creating the best platform for the profitability of your business. By adopting the multi-cloud strategy, a lot of these problems are tackled. There well-managed cloud service provider helps you in executing all these different steps in the best manner possible.
Snow software is the leading name when it comes to providing businesses with cutting edge multi-cloud management platform. Snow software vCommander has ignited the dreams of companies to transform digitally by providing reliable infrastructure. Apart from this, the businesses are also offered with clear-cut governance, automation, brokering, and lifecycle management. The platform provides businesses with all-in-one-solution to support visibility and control.
Scalr is one of the reliable hybrid multi-cloud management platforms to manage the public and private cloud platforms of large enterprises. Scalr has been successful in delivering services related to cloud computing by maintaining cost, security, automation, and compliance by empowering the professional IT teams with operational flexibility without breaching corporate governance. The new approach to cloud management followed by Scalr has helped businesses to drive innovation by optimizing security and costing. It uses the most advanced services to maximize productivity.
F5 Networks is a company that has the specialization in application delivering network and services. The company has to its credit of managing applications across multiple cloud environments with the F5 cloud application. The use of the application has helped different businesses with performance and security. F5 Networks has been successful in simplifying the application related services by ensuring consistency across different platforms.
Oracle Corporation, the multinational computer technology provider, has to its reputation of selling database software, cloud engineered systems, and software products. The multi-cloud management platform from the company has a suite of applications suitable to monitor and manage next-generation analytical cloud services that would influence the machine learning and data techniques. Oracle Corporation has ensured that the platform suits well with the modern heterogeneous environment by eliminating traditional methods and human efforts.