What is Video Analytics Software?Video analytics software is the technology used for computerized processing and analysis of video streams. It is also called Video Content Analysis (VCA), intelligent video analysis, or video surveillance analytics. The video streams used for analysis are captured using various devices, such as network cameras, Digital Video Recorders (DVRs), and Network Video Recorders (NVRs). The captured video streams are then analyzed using video analytics software for various purposes, such as recognizing people, sending safety alerts, recognizing license plates, detecting unattended objects, and tracking footfalls. Core competencies of video analytics software providers include the companies’ ability to provide unique solutions.
Top 10 Video Analytics Software providers in 2020
- 3vr, Inc
- Agent VI
- Aimetis Corporation
- Arris Group Inc
- Aventura Technologies
- Avigilon Corporation
- Axis Communications
Competitive Leadership Mapping
Visionary leaders in the video analytics software market are the leading market players in terms of new developments such as product launches, innovative technologies, and the adoption of growth strategies. These players have a broad product offering that caters to most of the regions globally. Visionary leaders primarily focus on acquiring the leading market position through their strong financial capabilities and their well-established brand equity.
Dynamic Differentiators in the video analytics software market are established players with very strong business strategies. However, they have a weaker product portfolio compared to the visionary leaders. They generally focus only on a specific type of technology related to the product.
Innovators in the in the video analytics software market are vendors that have demonstrated substantial product innovations as compared to their competitors. The companies have focused on product portfolios. However, they do not have very strong growth strategies for their overall business, when compared with the visionary leaders.
Emerging companies in the video analytics software market usually have niche product and service offering. Their business strategies are not as strong as that of the established vendors. The emerging vendors include the new entrants in the market, emerging in terms of product portfolio and geographic reach, and require time to gain significant traction in the market.
Why should organizations deploy Video Analytics Software solution?
There are several benefits of deploying video analytics software that would enhance the safety systems of enterprises and sites to become a valued part of the business:
- This capability of the Video Analytics Software solution allows identification of persons in the real-time by assessing distinctive characteristics of individuals from public and private databases.
- Furthermore, it can also be used to identify convicts trying to escape from a particular place.
- This feature also helps in preventing disorder and uncertainty at public places.
- This feature of the Video Analytics Software allows the measurement of motion in a picture and edits that picture by recolouring for determining the motion in a specific area.
- This helps in making correct business decisions based on the data offered. Moreover, it can be used to determine the area in which there is the most customer involvement.
- This feature also helps businesses in making the effective decisions based on product sales and personnel distribution.
- This Video Analytics Software feature helps businesses to spot burglars who try to trespass facilities.
- The solution creates a virtual line is the boundary of the physical area and if any person or an object attempts to cross the line, the video analytics system will inform security personnel about the intrusion.
- This feature of the video analytics software offers a real time count of the number of individuals passing or exiting a location.
- This feature is efficient at sports and entertainment venues for management of staffs and security personnel based on the number of people present at particular sites such as entry or exit points, ticketing areas, and others.
- This capability of the video analytics software provides security teams with the benefit to protect precious things.
- For example, if there is a monument, and people try to get nearer or pass into the controlled area, this will notify the security personnel to take essential action.
- This feature helps in knowing the number of people present at a particular location.
- The data will help in improved management of the available space, planning the staff, and handle the lighting or temperature conditions.
A few important Video Analytics use cases
Video Analytics software solutions has several applications across industries. Some of the best use cases have been highlighted below:
Enhancing total in-store performance
- Retail organizations can leverage video analytics software systems to understand their in-store performance and take correct actions to boost it.
- Video data that is fed to an algorithm produces critical insights regarding the in-store movement of customers.
- Insights delivered by video analytics software can help store owners in better product placement, advertisement and, promotion display.
Decreasing Retail Shrinkage
- Retail and logistics organizations can deploy video surveillance analytics to reduce inventory loss considerably.
- The data captured by cameras can be assessed to gain insights about usual operating hours, average time spent in the inventory, and other details.
- The model is then taught to identify uncommon activities like unexpected time of operation, unofficial access, distrustful movement of inventory and more.
- In these ways, the companies can get notifications in the real-time and prevent theft before it occurs.
Enhancing Patient Satisfaction
- Video analytics software help healthcare businesses to enhance their overall patient experience.
- Cameras can constantly keep a tab on patients waiting to meet the doctor, and assure they are checked-in within a given time duration. Even a notification can be sent to the staff about a patient who has been left unattended for a long time.
- Moreover, by evaluating the video captured on the entrance, one can find insights about the percentage of people needing assistance. This helps healthcare organizations to assign resources accordingly and enhance patient outcomes.
Transport Monitoring System
- Vehicle traffic detection - Video analytics software can be used to track the traffic flow speed on highways that could be leveraged to forecast travel time, calculate toll values and more.
- Incidence detection - Videos from CCTV cameras can be used to identify road accidents, vehicle breakdowns, and bad road conditions.
- Pedestrian monitoring - Data, such as the direction of motion, pedestrian density, and average speed can be used to improve safety measures, in public spaces.
Top features to be considered while choosing the best video analytics software
- Intelligent Tracking - The Intelligent Tracking capability zooms in on and tracks a chosen object, which helps the security teams in keeping a track of a possible security threat, or object of interest.
- Geolocation - Because Video Analytics software automatically produces data on an object’s position, speed and trajectory, the users can recognise the real world position of any object that is being noticed and tracked.
- Tamper Detection - With Video Analytics Software the users can modify their tamper alarm to the level required.
- Event Correlation - Intelligent Video Analytics Software has the ability to process millions of events to offer correlation and trend analysis capabilities.
- Progressive Event Visualization – With video analytics software, the users can site and track the pre-set events on a graphic information system (GIS) map in the operator client user interface.
- Latest System Management Abilities - Intelligent Video Analytics offers a web-based administrator client interface that helps in configuring, modifying, and fine-tuning the environment.
- Intrusion Detection – A video analytics software offers automated border monitoring and secure area protection capabilities.
- Security and Data Privacy Management - Intelligent Video Analyticsenables safe system access with password and login controls.
Upcoming trends in the video analytics software market
AI for Video Analytics
- AI has the ability to analyse the vast amount of data that videos generate, providing quicker results.
- Intelligent video analytics also leverage deep learning for facial recognition. A good quality deep learning solution enables video analytics to analyse facial data more efficiently.
Micro Expression Analysis
- Video analytics can be achieved based on data curation, sentiment analysis, and other advanced solutions.
- Expressions like “happy”, “sad”, “angry”, “scared”, “surprised” or “neutral” form the basis of video analytics.
Real-time video processing
- Video Analytics solution offers a variety of benefits to end users, based on developments in the complexity of real-time alerting
- By expanding the possibility of real-time video processing, users can activate notifications for wider surroundings and also increase data aggregation and visualization into dashboards in real time.
- Video Analytics solution matches faces by correlating biometric features against a compiled watchlist or database of digital images, either removed from video frames or uploaded to the system.
- With so many important applications, from identifying missing persons or criminal suspects, to recognizing VIP customers, this technology is posed for bigger adoption.
- BriefCam, a leading provider of the video analytics solutions, announced its acquisition by Canon Inc.
- Motorola Solutions Concludes Acquisition of Avigilon
- Nortek Security and Control Acquires AI, Video Analytics Software provider IntelliVision
3VR aims at providing quality video intelligence solutions for business platforms to achieve advanced levels of security at all times. With deep customer insights and real-time management, it allows organisations to not only protect their employees but also their customers along with gathering data for enhanced operations and enriched experiences for customers. The video software management (VMS) uses the newest capabilities of forensic science along with integrated video analytics to come at smarter solutions for video analytics.
I2V aims to provide its clients with intelligent and integrated solutions for their business operations. I2V not only provides a Video Management system but offers Video Analytics as well. I2V’s Video Analytics system is incorporated with the most comprehensive and advanced Video Analytics algorithm. Because of the Incident-Event-Action framework included in I2V’s Video Analytics software along with these advanced analytics algorithms, businesses can help reduce the manual effort required in monitoring video surveillance and reduce some human errors.
Ipsotek is counted as the best tool for forensic and business intelligence. The solution comes with various benefits like cost-saving, commercial advances, and improvised security.
Video Analytics is a strong point of KiwiSecurity, and they are a pioneer at it. The company is mostly known for the video analytics solutions for security services which are in constant need for analysis. They have different services such as intrusion detector, object detector, camera health monitor, privacy monitor and several other things. They even provide customised solutions for companies which are in need of it. If you need their help, they will be ready to offer it.
Video is a prominent device of today and Science Applications International Corporation is one such company that provides video analytics. They have gathered multi-intelligence sources to make it possible, and they also utilise machine learning to make it much more accessible. The platform also employs the right tools at the right time to make video analytics the ultimate tool that can be used for several businesses. The best thing about the platform is its accessibility.