Comparing 15 vendors in Adhesive Tapes across 76 criteria.
Access Research To
- Expand Total Addressable Market
- Formulate Go To Market Plans
- Build Competitive Right to Win
- Identify Top Customers to Grow
360 Quadrants releases its list of “Top 15 Adhesive Tape Companies, Worldwide 2023”, in partnership with MarketsandMarkets. The report recognizes the standouts in the Adhesive Tape Companies market ranging from mid-sized enterprises to fortune 500 companies. The adhesive tape vendors evaluation was conducted over 200 companies of which top 15 were categorized and recognized as the new economic quadrant leaders.
Key trends highlighted in 360 Quadrant’s study include:
- The global adhesive tapes market size was USD 80.2 billion in 2022 and is projected to reach USD 110.6 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 5.6% between 2023 and 2028.
- High demand from the electrical & electronics, healthcare, automotive, building & construction, white goods, paper & printing, retail, and other end-use sectors is the main factor driving the adhesive tapes market. The electrical and electronics industry is seeing an increase in the use of adhesive tapes because of the trend toward adopting lightweight products.
- The silicone resin type segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR than acrylic and rubber because of its higher adhesion properties. Silicone-based adhesive tapes maintain adhesion over a larger temperature range and possess the ability to adhere to difficult surfaces.
- The healthcare, electrical & electronics, automotive, white goods, paper & printing, building & construction, and retail sectors are seeing an increase in demand for specialty adhesive tapes.
- Over the projection period, the market's largest backing material category is anticipated to be paper. The healthcare, automotive, electrical & electronics, building & construction, and sectors employ paper-backed adhesive tapes. Due to its light weight, recyclable nature, and environmental friendliness, the paper substrate is more expensive when compared to other substrates.
- Due to the increased demand for high-standard performance adhesives in a variety of end-use industries, including healthcare, electrical & electronics, defense, sports, and wind energy, the hot-melt adhesives industry is expanding quickly. With a predicted volume CAGR of 5.9% over the projection period, the hot-melt technology is the market category with the quickest growth.
- The greatest market for adhesive tapes is in Asia Pacific. The market in the area is being driven by the relocation of manufacturing facilities from North America and Europe to Asia Pacific. China continues to be the world's leading consumer of sticky tapes. The primary end-use industries for adhesive tapes are healthcare, automotive, electrical & electronics, white goods, and building & construction. These end-use industries are anticipated to expand significantly over the course of the forecast period, propelling the regional market.
- Avery Dennison Corporation (US), Berry Global Inc. (US), Scapa Group PLC (Canada), Tesa SE (Germany), Nitto Denko Corporation (Japan), LINTEC Corporation (Japan), Intertape Polymer Group (Canada), and 3M Company (US) are the market's top competitors.
- The leading market players adopted mergers, partnerships, collaborations, and acquisitions as the key strategies due to intense competition in the market. For example, In January 2023, 3M revolutionized tape by fusing robotics and adhesive technology. A novel automated bonding system was produced in cooperation with 3M and Nordson's robotics. Furthermore engineered to operate with the Nordson ProBond System, the 3M VHB Extrudable Tape offers an automated bonding solution that combines robotics and adhesive technology.
The Full List
|Company||Headquarters||Year Founded||Holding Type|
|3M||Saint Paul, USA||1902||Public|
|American Biltrite||Wellesley, USA||1908||Public|
|Avery Dennison||Mentor, USA||1935||Public|
|Berry Global||Evansville, USA||1967||Public|
|LINTEC Corp||Tokyo, Japan||1934||Public|
|Nitto Denko||Osaka, Japan||1918||Public|
|Saint Gobain||Solon, USA||1665||Private|
|Scapa Group||Greater Manchester, UK||1927||Public|
|Shurtape Technologies||Hickory, USA||1996||Private|
|Tesa SE||Norderstedt, Germany||2001||Public|