Comparing 15 vendors in Adhesive Tapes across 76 criteria.
Access Research To
- Expand Total Addressable Market
- Formulate Go To Market Plans
- Build Competitive Right to Win
- Identify Top Customers to Grow
The Adhesive Tapes Companies Quadrant is a comprehensive industry analysis that provides valuable insights into the global market for Adhesive Tapes. This quadrant offers a detailed evaluation of key market players, technological advancements, product innovations, and emerging trends shaping the industry. MarketsandMarkets 360 Quadrants evaluated over 110 companies of which the Top 15 Adhesive Tapes companies were categorized and recognized as the quadrant leaders.
Adhesive tape is a material with an adhesive film applied to bond or join materials and protect surfaces. It has an adhesive-coated backing or carrier material, such as paper, plastic film, fabric, foam, or foil, and, if appropriate, a release lining. They come in a variety of typical sizes depending on their intended usage. Both permanent and temporary adhesion are possible with them. There are two types of adhesive tapes: single-sided tapes that only allow attachment on one side and double-sided tapes that allow adhesion on both sides back-to-back.
The 360 Quadrant maps the Adhesive Tapes companies based on criteria such as revenue, geographic presence, growth strategies, investments, and sales strategies for the market presence of the Adhesive Tapes’ quadrant. While the top criteria for product footprint evaluation included Resin (Acrylic, Rubber, Silicone, Others), Technology (Solvent-based, Hotmelt-based, Water based), Type (Commodity, Specialty), and Application (Packaging, Masking, Consumer & Office).
Key trends highlighted in 360 Quadrant’s study include:
- The global adhesive tapes market size was USD 80.2 billion in 2022 and is projected to reach USD 110.6 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 5.6% between 2023 and 2028. The market growth can be attributed to the high demand of healthcare and electrical & electronics industries in developing countries, coupled with enhanced global economic conditions, thereby leading to global adhesive tapes companies investing in emerging markets. The electrical and electronics industry is seeing an increase in the use of adhesive tapes because of the trend toward adopting lightweight products.
- The silicone resin type segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR of 5.5% from 2023 to 2028 than acrylic and rubber because of its higher adhesion properties. Silicone-based adhesive tapes maintain adhesion over a larger temperature range and possess the ability to adhere to difficult surfaces. Evidently, global adhesive tapes companies are increasingly focusing on the development and production of silicone-based adhesive tapes to meet the evolving demands of the market.
- Specialty adhesive tapes are witnessing an escalating demand across key sectors such as healthcare, electrical & electronics, automotive, white goods, paper & printing, building & construction, and retail. This surge reflects a paradigm shift in preferences, with global adhesive tapes companies tailoring solutions to meet the specific requirements of distinct industries, thereby solidifying their market presence.
- As the market progresses, the backing material category takes center stage, with paper anticipated to be the largest over the projection period. This versatile substrate is widely adopted in healthcare, automotive, electrical & electronics, building & construction, and other sectors by adhesive tapes companies, leveraging its lightweight nature, recyclability, and environmental friendliness, albeit at a relatively higher cost compared to alternative substrates.
- In tandem with the dynamic evolution of the industry landscape, the hot-melt adhesives sector is experiencing rapid expansion. Fueled by heightened demand for high-performance adhesives across diverse industries, including healthcare, electrical & electronics, defense, sports, and wind energy, the hot-melt technology emerges as the fastest-growing market category. Anticipating a volume CAGR of 5.9% over the projection period, this growth trajectory underscores the robust expansion within the hot-melt adhesives industry, garnering increased attention and investment from adhesive tapes companies globally.
- The global adhesive tapes market is witnessing significant growth driven by the high demand in developing countries. Particularly, the Asia Pacific region emerges as the greatest market for adhesive tapes, fueled by the relocation of manufacturing facilities from North America and Europe. China stands out as the world's leading consumer of sticky tapes, contributing substantially to the region's adhesive tapes market.
- The primary end-use industries for adhesive tapes, including healthcare, automotive, electrical & electronics, white goods, and building & construction, are expected to witness significant expansion over the forecast period, further propelling the growth of the Asia Pacific regional market. In this dynamic landscape, global adhesive tapes companies are strategically positioning themselves to capitalize on the burgeoning opportunities in the region.
- Global adhesive tapes companies are strategically responding to this regional demand surge, with key competitors such as Avery Dennison Corporation (US), Berry Global Inc. (US), Scapa Group PLC (Canada), Tesa SE (Germany), Nitto Denko Corporation (Japan), LINTEC Corporation (Japan), Intertape Polymer Group (Canada), and 3M Company (US) playing pivotal roles.
- These market leaders are actively shaping the industry through mergers, partnerships, collaborations, and acquisitions, employing these strategies to navigate the intense competition in the market. For instance, in January 2023, 3M Company, a prominent player in the adhesive tapes industry, revolutionized tape technology by seamlessly merging robotics and adhesive technology. The result was a groundbreaking automated bonding system developed in collaboration with Nordson's robotics. Notably, the 3M VHB Extrudable Tape, engineered to synergize with the Nordson ProBond System, emerged as an innovative automated bonding solution, seamlessly integrating robotics and adhesive technology. This strategic move showcases the commitment of adhesive tapes companies to staying at the forefront of technological advancements and meeting the evolving needs of various industries.
The Full List
|Saint Paul, USA
|Greater Manchester, UK