Comparing 19 vendors in Adhesives and Sealants across 109 criteria.
Access Research To
- Expand Total Addressable Market
- Formulate Go To Market Plans
- Build Competitive Right to Win
- Identify Top Customers to Grow
The Adhesives and Sealants Companies Quadrant is a comprehensive industry analysis that provides valuable insights into the global market for Adhesives and Sealants. This quadrant offers a detailed evaluation of key market players, technological advancements, product innovations, and emerging trends shaping the industry. MarketsandMarkets 360 Quadrants evaluated over 120 companies of which the Top 19 Adhesives and Sealants Companies were categorized and recognized as the quadrant leaders.
Key trends highlighted in 360 Quadrants:
- The adhesives and sealants market are witnessing moderate competition due to the presence of experienced market players that have a strong brand image and a wide customer base. Also, the threat of new entrants is low as the market is capital-intensive.
- The water-based segment accounted for the largest share (~40%) in terms of volume in 2022. Reactive & others segment and solvent-based segment accounted for ~21.9% and 15.2%, respectively. The hot melt adhesives segment is still in a nascent stage. These adhesives are gaining prominence due to their fast-setting speed, low cost, and lower environmental impact.
- The high demand for silicone-based sealants is playing a vital role in market growth. Silicone has been replacing sealants like butyl, neoprene, bitumen, and polyurethane in highly demanding applications such as filling expansion joints in concrete roads. In 2022, silicone resins accounted for ~40.2%, the largest share of the sealants market in terms of volume. It can be touted that silicone products will continue replacing low-performance sealants between 2022 and 2026.
- Due to the contraction and saturation observed in the European and North American markets, demand has shifted to the Asia Pacific region. Asia Pacific is increasingly becoming a global commerce and trade center and is currently the fastest growing and largest market for adhesives and sealants. It accounted for nearly 34.4% in terms of volume in 2022. Further, with high investments in end-use industries from countries like China and India, adhesives and sealants will prosper in the region.
- Companies such as Henkel AG(Germany), H.B. Fuller (USA), Sika AG(Switzerland), Arkema (Bostik)(France), and 3M (USA) dominate the market; together, they account for nearly one-third of the entire market. Of this, Henkel accounts for 16%-18%, while the remaining is secured by companies like Dymax Corporation (USA), Mapei Corporation (USA), and Pidilite Industries Ltd., (India) along with other medium-sized enterprises
- The product launch was the major strategy adopted by key market entities. H.B. Fuller launched innovative new products as a part of its growth strategy. In January 2023, the company launched Swiftmelt 1515-I, its first bio-compatible product in India, the Middle East, and Africa. In 2022, 3M developed "3M Medical Tape 4576," an acrylate-based adhesive. Dow also introduced DOWSIL Silicone Hot-Melt Adhesive Cartridge, designed to provide excellent adhesion.
- In recent years, leading companies have either partnered with or acquired their competitors. For example, Arkema increased its footprint in regions where its presence is negligible. In July 2022, it finalized the acquisition of Permoseal, located in South Africa. The acquisition complemented Bostik's offerings in the region while strengthening its position in the South African market, indicating Arkema's strategy to expand its business segments by acquiring well-performing companies. During the same period, Dymax partnered with Krayden as a new distribution partner. Through this partnership, Dymax aimed to expand its reach to critical OEM manufacturers in the aerospace, defense, and EV industries for its light-curing technology.
- Companies are also expanding their geographic reach to offer their adhesive expertise and deep industry knowledge, along with strengthening their global footprint. Henkel (Germany) and other international players are now expanding in the Asia Pacific region by setting up new plants and expanding their adhesives and sealants portfolio in this region to serve the emerging market. It was observed that around 40% of the company's revenue in 2022 was from emerging markets.
The Full List
|Company||Headquarters||Year Founded||Holding Type|
|3M||Saint Paul, USA||1902||Public|
|Adhesives Research||Glen Rock, USA||1961||Private|
|Avery Dennison||Mentor, USA||1935||Public|
|H.B. Fuller||Saint Paul, USA||1887||Public|
|Huntsman||The Woodlands, USA||1970||Public|
|Parker LORD||Cary, USA||1924||Public|
|Wacker Chemie||Munich, Germany||1914||Public|