Gelato 3D Rendering Software is an offline, hardware-accelerated renderer developed by Nvidia, a graphics card manufacturer. Crafted to create images of film quality, Gelato 3D Rendering Software uses a language of shading which is quite similar to RenderMan's. The software application is a GPU-accelerated, final-frame renderer that produces high-quality images. Initially designed for film and television effects and animation, it is useful for any application involving high-quality rendering including game creation, CAD, industrial design, architecture, etc.
Most software companies and vendors require you to contact them with details so they can offer competitive personalized Gelato pricing based on your needs. For the best Gelato pricing plans, contact the vendor.
Two Gelato pricing models are now available:
Gelato and Gelato Pro.
- Gelato is a high-quality renderer that comes with all the features required to make images of the highest quality at no cost.
- Gelato Pro is a premium product that provides extra features in terms of usability and service services not included in the free version.
- Gelato Pro pricing, including the first year of maintenance and support (M&S), is available at US$1500.
- M&S is available for 300 USD a year per license for the first year.
The NVIDIA Gelato Pro 2.2 rendering software, the Company's advanced GPU-accelerated technical rendering software, is available as a free download. Well adapted to rendering and creating interactive 3D content.
- The software does not place any restriction on final rendering resolution; images can be as big as desired.
- High-quality Anti-Aliasing resulting in smooth surfaces, "Jaggies" is visible nowhere
- Automatic Adaptive Tessellation tessellates to the geometry on the fly and does not demand that pre-tessellated polygons be submitted to the renderer.
Shading and Lighting
- API-based: All Sorbetto functions that are exposed in the Gelato API and do not rely on any specific program for modeling or animating.
- The software uses its C-like shading language, to construct surface textures and scenery lighting using the renderer, Gelato Shading Language (GSL) offers the flexibility required for the foremost complex scenes.
- It is designed to achieve film demands and effectively allocate machine resources while staying stable when constructing the most dynamic scenes.
- Selective ray tracing can generate extremely realistic effects on lighting and shadows.
- It uses scanline techniques where there is no need to use ray tracing which results in faster renders.
Native 64-Bit support
- Gelato Pro has a version that runs natively on 64-bit Linux systems, allowing for more space in the memory.
- Gelato runs on both the Linux and Windows 64-bit systems in 32-bit mode.