Blender Architecture Software is an open-source 3D creation suite that supports 3D pipeline, modelling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing, and motion tracking, video editing and game creation. It is well suited to individual and small studios benefitting from its unified pipeline and responsive development process. The application is cross-platform which runs well on Linux, Windows, and Mac computers.
Rendering and Modeling
- Supports creation of renders through Cycles which is a high-end production path tracer
- Provides extensive modelling toolset including sculpting, retopology, modelling and curves
Sculpting, animation and rigging
- Provides power and flexibility through digital sculpting tools which are required in several stages of the digital production pipeline
- Provides an extensive set of animation and rigging tools used in short and feature films
Grease Pencil and VFX
- Allows combining 2D and 3D right in the viewpoint, allows drawing in 3D space which can be used to make traditional 2D animation, cut-out animation, motion graphics etc.
- Allows importing of raw footage, tracking, masking areas and reconstruction of camera movements live in the 3D scene through camera and object tracker
Simulation and Pipeline
- Offers powerful simulation tools with libraries like Bullet and Mantaflow
- Allows integration of multiple pipelines
Video editing, scripting and interface
- Provides efficient tools for video editing
- Features extensive Python API, and tools required for scripting and customization
- Allows customization of Ui, window layout and shortcuts
There is no blender pricing. Blender is a free and open-source 3D creation suite. It can be easily downloaded and utilized for various requirements. Users are free to use Blender for any purpose including commercially or for education. For the best Blender pricing plans, contact the vendor.
Blender Architecture Software provides several demos and is a free to use and download, open-source software. Blender Cloud provides a tutorial, textures, pipeline tools making–of and production files at 9.90 euros per month.