A Java-based, open-source test automation framework, CARINA Automated testing software is very useful for cross-platform testing. Whether it is testing on different browsers, different Operating Systems or of cloud-based systems, the framework is able to support all of them. Starting up is also extremely simple since the project repositories are easily available on GitHub.
Being an Open-sourced tool, CARINA Pricing is free. There are no charges and the entire code is available on GitHub. There are no plans to introduce any CARINA Pricing in the future as well since it is for the community and by the community. Users can contribute by adding to the source code and enhancing the features. Thus, instead of CARINA pricing, it is the quality of code that matters.
There are numerous video tutorials and extensive documentation available on Github for any new user wanting to start with CARINA Automated testing software. Instead of having a single Demo Video, there are step by step instructions available to learn and use the platform efficiently.
Some of the most important features that make this software a preferred test automation framework include the following:
Quick Setup and start
Reusing test codes across platforms
- The code is available on GitHub and as a one-click installation for users to start with
- Extensive documentation and training material available to allow users to get hands-on very quickly
Independent from any technology stack
- With some standard practices, nearly 80% of the test cases can be coded to reuse between iOS and Android applications
- Same test scripts can be used for testing on different platforms
Data-Driven Approach for increased efficiency
- Leverages the capability of open-source tools like Selenium for technology-agnostic testing
- Using Java framework to write and execute test cases on Linux as well as Windows OS
- Data can be input from any underlying source for test execution
- Support for relational as well as non-relational databases making test generation and execution standardized