Runscope is a SaaS-based offering that enables developers to test and create software products quickly. It allows them to test the performance of APIs, and also monitor and debug them, by automating them. The application enables seamless integration and collaboration between QA testers, DevOps engineers, software developers and other stakeholders of the API. Furthermore, Runscope can be used to test services in the public cloud, those running on private networks or even in a local environment.
Runscope has many features which make life easier for developers. Some of the features are:
- Runscope integrates with services like Slack, PagerDuty, Hipchat, webhooks via notifications
- Monitors private APIs with On-Premises Agent
- Proactive monitoring and debugging of API problems, track API health with performance reports
- Connect to third-party analytics software like Datadog, New Relic and Splunk
- Build API validations without code
- Build chained requests with simple template syntax
- Works across the entire development lifecycle
- Lets the team create API monitors and seamless create monitoring workflows across teams
- Plugs into Jenkins and other integration tools
- Centralize all API validations on a single platform
The Runscope pricing plans serve multiple developer team sizes, namely - Small, Medium, Large and Premier. The Runscope pricing plans cost $79/mo(small), $199/mo (medium) and $599/mo for large teams. For teams up to 5 members, the ‘small’ package works best and handles close to 2,50,000 requests, whereas, for teams up to 40 members, the ‘medium’ package is a good base to start, since it handles close to 1,000,000 requests every month. If your team consists of anywhere near 50 members, you can check out the ‘large’ plan, which also includes client certificates alongside SAML single sign-on.
For teams that want a practical solution to manage and integrate their APIs, the free trial version can be a good starting point to test out if the software is a good fit for their API integration. Furthermore, once you start exploring the various Runscope pricing models, it can be customized as per what your enterprise requires.