VMware initially developed Cloud Foundry that is now owned by Pivotal software. It is an open-source cloud computing platform on which developers can build and run applications. This platform helps in reducing the workload of developers and can easily handle the application’s resource management. Moreover, it can also reduce the burden of operating costs.
Cloud Foundry Pricing:
Cloud Foundry pricing is one of the most affordable ones that are flexible and depends upon the user's needs. Cloud Foundry pricing starts from $0.03/GB-hour. Every time you cf-push or cf scale an app, you are charged with a new app run.
Free demo of this tool is available for all the developers. They can now use any app on this software from their local development environment by merely installing the CF Local plugin with the CF CLI.
Mentioned below are some of the standalone features of Cloud Foundry that makes it an ideal platform for the developers:
Opening line features of the software
- Speed flexibility and simplicity
- Developers can run applications on any cloud service such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Compute Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, VMware vSphere and more.
- Cloud Foundry lets you quickly move your apps to another cloud platform.
- The speed delivered by Cloud Foundry is impressive, and it is precisely what you need to develop apps.
- It is a simple and easy to use platform that allows a large number of deliveries.
- Notifications and communications
- It now provides customizable email notifications service that allows developers and operas to communicate with Cloud Foundry users.
- Now new commands on this platform can accept arguments and can make API calls and can even interact with the file system or with the environment.
- First packet logging allows the operators to enhance the security for specific application security groups.
- Security teams can detect issues easily and respond rapidly.
- Allows auto-scaling of applications.
- Allows Dynamic routing
- Allows centralized login
- Allows application portability