Developed with the purpose to let developers boost feature velocity, the Pivotal Web Services are run by the experts at VMware. With PWS, developers are provided with a new application runtime that supports horizontal scalability and uninterrupted delivery. With an affordable Pivotal Cloud Foundry pricing, PWS brings new software patterns that deliver flexibility and unprecedented application resilience to the customer.
Pivotal Cloud Foundry Features
Some of the prominent features of Pivotal Cloud Foundry services are-
- Use of cf push
- cf push uploads files to the required platform and transfers them into a working application.
- The developer files are sent through staging scripts called buildpacks to create a ready-to-run droplet.
- Simplified Deploy Cycles and Build
- Default buildpacks let the developer push applications to start working simply.
- PWS helps to bind services with the developer’s applications within a low Pivotal Cloud Foundry pricing.
- Operations and Monitoring with Powerful Tools
- The PWS developer console helps the developer to easily view all the development spaces, number of bound services, applications, their status, etc
- PWS is a web console created for team-based agile development.
- Integration and Extension
- Choose and connect an app to a wide variety of popular services like Mongo, MySQL, etc.
- Provides community buildpacks for most languages and frameworks on Linux.
Pivotal Cloud Foundry Pricing
The developer needs to pay about $0.03 per GB-hr to receive everything from the platform required for the app to run. The Pivotal Cloud Foundry pricing is simple and app-centric. The pricing is set according to ‘memory per app instance’ and the number of ‘app instances’. The third-party services are provided without additional payments and signing up is free of cost.
Signing up for the Pivotal Cloud Foundry services is free and developers are provided with $87 of free trial credit. Additionally, detailed information about Tanzu application services is also provided.