Fortinet offers products, such as Secure Switching and Wireless LAN FortExtender to ensure connectivity as well as security for automated systems present at any location. FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer consolidated through a FortiGate provide combined centralized configuration with the abilities of reporting, visibility, and event logging. They are built in accordance with international substation automation standards, namely IEC 61850-3, and IEEE 1613.
Fortinet provides the following products under ICS security space:
FortiGate - FortiGate is a comprehensive multi-layered security solution offered by Fortinet which is suitable to implement the zones and conduits model in extreme and harsh critical ICS infrastructure. FortiGate combines high-performance, next-generation firewall functionality, and robust two-factor authentication, with antivirus, intrusion prevention, URL filtering, and application control.
- Centralized Management, Logging, and Reporting
- Specific ICS/SCADA Aware Functionality
- Zone Access Control With Fortiauthenticator and Fortitoken
- Securing the Historian With Fortidb
- Securing the Web-Based HMI with Fortiweb
- Securing the #1 Attack Vector with Fortimail
- Responding to Advanced Persistent Threats
FortiSandbox - With the increasing number of advanced cyber-attacks, one threat is enough to slip through security and breach data. CISOs adopted an essential component, sandboxing, of their security strategies to combat unknown threats. Due to the growth of cloud-based and IoT services, attack surfaces are becoming dynamic. Hence, organizations are integrating sandboxing with a high degree of automation and control due to inadequate cybersecurity.
FortiManager - Various organizations are focusing on adopting the cloud with the increasing digitalization. A majority of the workloads will be in the cloud by 2020.
- Centralized Management
- Enterprise-grade High Availability
- Secure SD-WAN Provisioning and Monitoring
- Security Automation
- Enterprise-ready Integrations
- Multi-tenancy and Administrative Domains (ADOMs)
FortiAnalyzer - FortiAnalyzer is the analytics-driven security analysis tool built with operations perspective. With action-oriented views and deep drill-down capabilities, FortiAnalyzer not only gives organizations critical insight into threats but also accurately scopes risk across the attack surface, pinpointing where immediate response is required and enables automated response actions.
- End-to-end visibility with event correlation and threat detection
- Advanced compliance reporting
- Security automation
- Enterprise-grade high availability
FortiExtender – It is critical to establish and maintain Internet connectivity for business execution. The FortiExtender appliance uses an cellular phone infrastructure along with LTE connectivity to provide broadband speed for a failover or load-balancing configuration and also provide a secondary WAN connection. FortiExtender can provide the primary Internet connection in regions, where there are no options of wired broadband.
- CAT6 LTE protocol at 300 Mbps speed
- Dual carrier support for a number of carrier options, including SIM switching based on pre-set usage limits
- Powered by Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Offers a primary WAN link for ATMs, retail POS, and remote kiosks
- Placement of modem can be enabled to increase signal strength