TMIS (Trend Micro IoT Security) is the proprietary IoT security tool offered by Trend Micro. The major task of this involves detection and protection of IoT devices from various risks including data theft and ransomware attacks. It protects the firmware of the device, also reduces the risks of surface attack, which results in the reduction of device maintenance costs. Trend Micro SafeLock for IoT secures IoT devices, for example, modern control frameworks and installed gadgets, terminals in a closed framework, and inheritance OS terminals against malware contamination and unapproved use.
Exposed ICS Protocols in Shodan:
· Communication protocols, also known as Fieldbus, define a set of rules for device communication. The Fieldbus method eliminates the need for point-to-point wiring.
· Fieldbus has additional functionalities such as field device diagnostics and control algorithms that decrease routing of signals.
· Communication protocols vary typically in terms of application layer features, though the physical layer often determines performance.
· Based on a request-reply architecture or client-server, MODBUS is an application layer protocol.
· High-Level Data Link Control (HDLC) standard is used by MODBUS Serial and the TCP/IP protocol stack is used by the MODBUS Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), for the transmission of data.
· MODBUS enables wireless communications for Remote Terminal Unit (RTU) applications.
· BACnet is a communication protocol for Building Automation and Control (BAC) networks.
· It is based on a client-server model.
· A service request is sent by a client machine to a server machine that reports the result to clients.
· A Common Industrial Protocol (CIP) provides intercommunication and integration for different network types.