Eddie Load Balancing Software is an open-source and highly revered suite for clustering and load balancing tools that enables users to automate traffic management and configuration for multiple server sites distributed over various locations. The comprehensive Eddie Load Balancing Software suite consists of two software packages: The Enhanced DNS and the Intelligent HTTP Gateway. Since it is available for free, Eddie serves as a cost-effective and alluring load balancing solution for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Utilize the whole distributed web server capacity using the Enhanced DNS for greater efficiency
- Control the accessibility of geographically distributed websites and automate traffic management using the Enhanced DNS
- Load Balancing and Failure Detection
- Maximize the load-bearing capacity of the site by using the dynamic load balancing capabilities of the platform
- Automate the detection of failures in servers and the consequent redirection of requests to enhance reliability using IP address migration
- Allocate the requests received, to the right servers, defined in advance to fulfil specific purposes, using the URL pattern matching feature
- Handle multiple incoming requests by using pattern matching on a plethora of HTTP header and request fields
- Admission Control and Scalability
- Administer the quality of service offered to the users by employing Eddie’s advanced admission controls
- Manage unprecedentedly growing traffic on the site by adding extra servers, whenever needed
As Eddie Pricing plans are an open-source software suite, it is available to all businesses and users, without any charge. As there is no Eddie pricing, it serves as a lucrative and widely preferred load-balancing solution for businesses of all sizes.
Since Eddie Load Balancing Software is an open-source load-balancing platform, it is readily available to all organizations at zero expense. Thus, instead of a demo, interested users can explore all the features by directly installing the complete platform.