Azure Load Balancer is a load balancing software that operates at layer four of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model. It acts as a single point of contact for the clients by distributing inbound flows arriving at the load balancer’s front end to back end pool instances. The configuration of these flows is according to the load balancing rules and health probes. Azure Virtual Machines or instances in a virtual machine scale set can be the backend pool instances. Suitable for both single-tier and multi-tier instances and also for tailor-made instances.
Azure Load Balancer Pricing
Azure Load balancer pricing depends upon the amount of processed outbound as well as inbound data as well as the configured rules of load balancing. The Azure Load Balancer pricing range starts from $0.004 per hour to $0.013 per GB per month.
Azure Load Balancer Demo
For using Azure load balancer, there are numerous training provided on their website, where one can learn load balancer and the different functions of it and then start working on live projects.
Azure Load Balancer Features
Load Balancing Rule
Application agnostic and transparent
- Create a load-balancing rule with Azure Load Balancer which distributes traffic approaching the backend from front end pool instances.
- Provision of health probe to notify healthy backend endpoint, which is available to receive new flows.
- Does not directly interact with UDP or the application layer or TCP. This helps in supporting any UDP or TCP application.
- Preservation of original source IP address when the flow arrives on a virtual machine.
- Automatic reconfiguration of load balancer when the instances are scaled up or down
- Reconfiguration is done without any additional operations
- Translation of all the outbound flows to public IP addresses on the internet from private IP addresses to front-end IP addresses of the load balancer.