- Drag and drop style graphical interface will help create visual workflow, with no requirement for coding.
- Tools from different domains integrating with native nodes of KNIME in a single workflow which includes machine learning, connectors to Apache Spark, or scripting in R & Python.
- One has to choose from over 2000 modules to build their workflow. Structuring each step of analysis, controlling data flow, and ensuring work is current are the areas which needs to be looked at.
- An integrated workflow coach can be used to guide to build workflow or select workflows available in the public domain.
USP : KNIME is an open source software and it helps create data science applications and services. Being open, intuitive, and able to integrate new developments, this platform makes reusable components accessible to all the users and helps understand data science workflows. The software provides actual data analysis as well as a number of processes and has productivity funtions to help operations.
|Product Quality and Reliability|
|Product Features and Functionality|
|Breadth and Depth of Product Offering|
- Product Maturity / Core Features / Visual Analytics Design /...Visualization Can Be ImprovedIn Knime AG, visualization can be improved further with new versions.
- Product Maturity / Breadth and Depth of Product Offering / D...Slow ProcessThe startup process for Knime AG Analytics is very slow. It takes too much time to start. Show More
KNIME AG Presence in Predictive Analytics Software
“Very easy, very accurate"
“Great Software for Predictive Analytics and Data Mining"
KNIME is a mix of power and ease-of-use. The software offers a database of icons for use as steps in an analysis can be customized with information regarding each step. Workflow documentation is possible, as is color coding, which enables users to differentiate sections. Most importantly, the software does not require a scripting language. The biggest strength of the software is it price—it is completely free to use, though the server version is paid. Other softwares are either expensive or offer limitations when offered for free. KNIME can integrate with Python, R, Spark, and even ImageJ for image analysis.Its major weakness is its statistical methods—KNIME is lacking in this regard forcing one to lean on R or Python if statistical analysis rather than data mining is needed. Its weakness in statistical methods makes this a hard sell for users looking for advanced statistical and linear models.