EViews statistical analysis software is for businesses, academic researchers, government agencies etc. It provides the users’ access to statistical, modelling and forecasting tools. Mixed frequency data can be easily organised and there is provision for convenient conversion of data from one frequency to another. EViews can be used on any Windows operated desktop.
EViews pricing model consists of 2 plans. The commercial pricing for single users costs $1650 for a standard licence and $1995 for an enterprise licence. The academic EViews pricing plan only has the option of an enterprise licence which costs $590. Most software companies and vendors require you to contact them with details so they can offer competitive personalized pricing based on your needs. For the best EViews pricing plans, contact the vendor.
EViews statistical analysis software provides a free demo copy of its software to all the users. The only step to avail the demo is registering with the website. The demo works for 30 days only after which the user can decide to buy the software after deciding on the appropriate pricing plan.
The key features which prove the efficiency of EViews are:
Handling dates and time-series data
Graphs, maps and tables
- High-frequency data is supported and it also allows hours, minutes and seconds frequencies.
- There are built-in tools for whitening regression.
Exogenous and endogenous variables
- The summary graphs and categorical graphs are easy-to-use.
- If the cursor is placed on any point in the graph, information and value is displayed.
- A user-specified target is achieved by the endogenous variable through solving control problems.
- The dependency structure of exogenous and endogenous variables can be displayed.
- Standardized coefficient and non-coefficient elasticities
- There are Wald tests for linear and nonlinear coefficient restrictions.