- The form•Zworkflow features a active smart interface that senses what intend to do and protects from unwanted actions. This includes automatic picking, automatic guides and snaps that assist you in drawing accurately without limiting your creativity.
- The complete interface and the tool palettes are fully customizable including the "heads up display" palette.
- Workspaces group related tools and palettes together making it easy to switch between tasks. These can also be customized and new ones created.
- Interoperability is a traditional strength of form•Z.form•Z Prosupports over 20 formats including 3D Studio, DGW/DXF, Sketchup Rhino, STEP, STL and IGES.
- The form•Z interactive displaytakes advantage of modern OpenGL capabilities. This is most noticeable in Shaded Full display mode with real time ambient occlusion, bump mapping, soft shadows and multi sampling features. These aid in real-time visualization and design evaluation as they yield better depth perception and spatial definition.
- form•Z includes an extensive library of materials that are ready to use. The Materials editor allows you to create your own materials and materials groups
USP : Form•Z pro is a 3D design application containing a variety of modeling personalities and tools with an easy to use interface to express and communicate imagination. It is based on advanced 3D solid and surface modeling methods that maintain accurate representations as progress from design to visualization, layout, animation and fabrication.
Form•Z pro is a 3D design application containing a variety of modeling personalities and tools with an easy to use interface to express and communicate imagination. It is based on advanced 3D solid and surface modeling methods that maintain accurate representations as progress from design to visualization, layout, animation and fabrication.
|Product Features and Functionality|
|Breadth and Depth of Product Offerings|
|Support and Services|
- Product Maturity / Software Features / 3d RenderingPhotorealistic renderingThe software lets users create photorealistic renderings built on the LightWorks rendering engine. Three levels of rendering are provided: simple, z-buffer, and raytrace, which allow the creation of a 3D image at a simple level and then turn on features to render it at a photorealistic level. Show More
- Product Maturity / Software Features / Dynamics and EffectsSmooth transitionsSmooth transitions between surfaces can be created with its advanced rounding and blending operations. It also allows to create unique solutions with its advanced features such as variable radius and hold line rounding. Show More
- Product Maturity / Software Features / SculptingMultipurpose modeling toolIt enables the sculpting of subdivision surfaces with simple and easy-to-use controls. It is a multipurpose modeling tool as these subdivisions are valuable for tensile structures; organic surfaces ranging from exotic roofs to character meshes. Show More
- Product Maturity / Services offered / Integration & Deployme...Slow integrationUsers need to buy a separate plugin to create photorealistic renderings. Show More
- Product Maturity / End-Users / AnimatorInadequate controlsSome Alias Surface users feel the controls offered are inadequate. Also, its keyboard and mouse combinations are unusual than other modeling software; so, its little annoying when one mistakenly demolishes the model or just fail at finding the necessary key combination. Show More