Each behavior in Houdini 3D Rendering Software is stored inside a node. Eventually, these nodes are "wired" into networks that describe a "recipe" that can be tweaked to optimize the result and then replicated to produce identical but specific outcomes. The ability to save nodes and transfer knowledge down the chain, in the form of attributes, is what gives Houdini 3D Rendering Software its procedural existence.
Commercial and contracting companies will be limited to three licenses for Houdini pricing Indie and three for Houdini pricing of Indie Engine.
- Houdini Indie costs $199 annually,
- The standalone Houdini Indie is $99 annually.
The Annual Upgrade Program is for the first year included in the purchase price. To keep the device up-to-date, it must be bought in subsequent years.
Users can refer to the company website for a demo.
Pyro FX Fire & Smoke
- Using Pyro FX, models of fire and smoke look more realistic and can be set up faster and easier.
- Simulating using the GPU brings it to a whole new level and developments in volume rendering produce an amazing final look.
Finite Elements Solids
- FEM may also be used with the volume protection for soft body impact.
- Solver brings digital destruction simulation, and gooey slimy objects, to the next level.
Grains Sand & Snow
- Position-based dynamics is an area of multi-physics best suited to producing wet and dry sand.
- With the exception of the sand impact, artists may create solids, sheets, or tethers to produce simulations like the soft body, fabric, and wire.
Vellum Fast Cloth & Hair
- Along with other integrated effects such as hair, soft bodies, and grains, VELLUM multi-solver gives Quick cloth to Houdini.
- Vellum solver is GPU-accelerated and set-up and iteration is very fast.
Destruction FX Build Rigid Body Dynamic
- Make highly complex simulations of large sets of data.
- For full control, this solver and Houdini's own solver deals with various forces, constraints, and collisions.