Ardour is a digital audio workstation software, suitable for professional use, that facilitates the ability to Record, Edit, and Mix on Linux, Mac OS, and Windows. The Ardour audio editing software amalgamates all benefits that instill ease of use with multifarious tools to record using a nice audio interface, import audio or MIDI from your hard drive or the Freesound database, edit & mix using both basic & advanced functions, all with unlimited undo/redo & in the same window.
Ardour pricing is very flexible and they have tailored packages that suits every individuals requirement. Depending on requirements, the Ardour pricing edition offers three alternatives that are as follows:
- Logic Pro X Standard Edition: $199.99
- FL Studio:$299 (Full Song Creation with Extra Plugins)
- Pro Tools Upgrade: $299
The free demo version of Ardour audio editing software will lock the user out after 10 minutes of trial. If you prefer a version without this barrier, you can pay as little as US$1 for a fully functional version.
- Pick your audio interface: PCI, USB, Firewire interfaces, or network audio.
- Allows any arrangement of master record and individual track arming at any time; no prior setup is needed giving flexibility to the recording
→ Unlimited Multichannel Tracks
- Choose fro the unlimited number of mono, stereo or multichannel tracks, buses, flexible plugin panner architecture, inserts, or sends
- Route multichannel tracks with individual outputs to separate mixer strips for panning & processing.
- Non-linear editing with unlimited undo/redo and overlapping opaque and transparent regions.
- Allows users to use push-pull trimming, Strip silence and rhythm ferret for transient and note onset-based editing.
- Import a single video and optionally extract the soundtrack from it plus export the video, cut start/end, add blank frames, and/or mix it with the soundtrack of the current-session.
- Display a frame-by-frame timeline; Use a separate video-monitor window, lock audio, and MIDI regions to move regions at video-frame granularity.
- Route anything to anywhere with solo/listen to model, Optional monitor section, Inline plugin control & stereo panning.
- Sample accurate automation for everything and use mix groups for grouped control of basic track properties.