Audacity is an audio editing and recording open-source software that was developed to work on all operating systems namely Mac OS X, Windows, GNU/Linux, and others. It has a clean and seamless interface which makes it easy to learn and use. Audacity audio editing software has a clean and simple interface that supports exceptional sound-producing capabilities, enhances sound quality with its 32-bit floating-point audio, and allows users to add tags using plug-ins.
Users can use the analyzing tools to augment the sound quality and produce sharp and precise sound arrangements. It has versatile editing features that allow seamless editing.
Audacity is a free software. Audacity pricing makes it a desirable software with an array of premium like functionalities. Music professionals and enthusiasts can download and install the software from the website without worrying about Audacity pricing.
Audacity audio editing software provides manuals, tutorials, and other online documentation on the website for interested users.
→ Recording and Import/Export
- Record live audio using a mixer, microphone, or other software
- Can import, edit, and combine all sound files and also export recordings in the different file formats
→ Sound Quality and Plug-Ins
- Support the following RAM 16-bit, 24-bit, and 32-bit with support plug-ins such as LADSPA, LV2, Nyquist, VST, and Audio Unit
- Convert sample rates and formats by using high-quality resampling and dithering
→ Editing and Applying Effects
- Cut, copy, paste, and delete audio with ease also undo or redo to back any number of steps in a session
- Apply real-time effects through plug-ins
→ Accessibility and Analysis
- Use the keyboard key to manipulate tracks and selections, check the range of keyboard shortcuts
- Visualize and analyze frequencies in Spectrogram view mode