GarageBand audio editing software is a digital music creation studio for MacOS and iOS devices that offers users a sound library with a range of touch instruments to create music or podcasts. The platform is easy to use and can instantly record a performance with an ability to support 32 tracks. The creations can then be shared worldwide. The sound library can be used to download sound tracks and loops.
GarageBand pricing plan for Mac and iOS is such that it is free for all OS X Mavericks and iOS 7 users. However, for using additional instruments and sounds, there’s a one-time in-app purchase price of $4.99 each applicable. Formerly, GarageBand Pricing for Mac and iOS versions was $14.99 and $4.99 respectively.
GarageBand audio editing software demo is available free of cost on the Apple website in the form of videos and tutorials which helps users familiarize with the functionalities.
- Use multi-touch to trigger a Live Loop cell and create custom loops using any touch instrument. Record directly into a cell.
- Use Remix FX to scratch mix a song DJ style
- Multi-touch keyboard like a musical instrument
- Play a range of instruments from drums to guitar using multi-touch keyboard in iPad and iPhone
- Play and record music using the Alchemy Touch Instrument
- Add virtual session drummers, each with its signature kit, to play realistic songs
- Choose form pre-recorded acoustic and electronic loops that can be customised for different songs
- Store songs using iCloud Drive and share using SoundCloud, YouTube, Facebook, email
- Create custom ringtones and alerts and add new tracks remotely on Logic Pro X projects from iOS devices via iCloud
- Add tracks to GarageBand songs using iPhone or iPad on the road
- Start sketching new song ideas on iOS devices