A simple yet effective employee scheduling software, MakeShift is a complete mobile and web equipped platform. MakeShift is targeted towards industries who typically have full-time or part-time employees and casual shift workers. Founded in 2012, this solution helps businesses build schedules effectively, track time and attendance accurately, and communicate clearly with employees.
→ Mobile Apps
- Keep effective track and run staff with web features—scheduling, approvals, etc.—to iOS and Android apps.
- Request available shifts posted and indicate the ones that can be picked up. Trade/cover shifts with co-workers or quickly request time off.
- Leverage simple yet powerful tools to build efficient and optimized schedules. Use shift templates or create custom shifts, track your labor budget.
- Make scheduling easier with Short cuts like “Copy and Paste Schedule” and “Repeat Last Week”, and in-line search to find the right people.
→ Time & Attendance
- Customize the timesheets to flag exceptions (late and early times for shifts) and include breaks, and edit employee timesheets online app
- Export timesheets quickly and easily for payroll in an Excel spreadsheet or a ready-made file for payroll providers.
→ Employee Management
- Assign employees to shifts based on specific skills (e.g., Bilingual) and search for people by name or position.
- Empower employees by allowing them to request available shifts, ask for time off and trade shifts with co-workers.
MakeShift pricing structure depends on the add ons that you select with the plan and on the number of employees. Following is MakeShift pricing plan available on the website:
- MakeShift $2.50 per employee/month
- Add ons:
- Time & Attendance $1.00 per employee/month
- Connect $0.50 per employee/month
- Total:$2.50 per employee/month
A 14-day fully-featured free trial is available which includes the online scheduling and access to the MakeShift mobile apps iOS and Android. Further on, there are also video tutorials on the website available to users.