It is a top of the line game development software created and owned by Epic Games. Although initially developed for first-person shooters, the software has been successfully used in a variety of other genres, including platformers, fighting games, MMORPGs and other RPGs. This features a high degree of portability and is a tool used by many game developers today, with it being source available.
Unreal Engine Pricing:
The pricing plans are designed while keeping users in mind. Unreal Engine 4, the latest version of the game is now free for anyone to use. Earlier, the pricing model charged a $19 per month plus a royalty fee of 5 percent on sales. Being a free and open use software has made Unreal Engine the go-to software for many developers.
The developer provides Demo of software through videos under the how-to-videos section where users can learn about the different features of the software. In addition to that Free trial is also given. A demo is also given through a webinar where users are required to register beforehand.
- Convert entire scenes including animation and metadata from 3ds max, Revit, SketchUp Pro, cinema 4d, rhino, Solidworks, CATIA and a whole host of other DCC, CAD, and BIM formats.
- Re-importing is non-destructive and allows iterating the source package without losing downstream changes.
- Connect to media production pipelines with support for industry standards like FBX, USD, and alembic.
- Support enables users to collaborate better with team members and work in parallel. It can read a USD file from anywhere on a disk with full import.
- Includes the Unreal editor, an integrated development environment available on Linux, macOS, and windows for content authoring.
- Supports multi-user editing, artists, designers, and developers can simultaneously make changes to the same this software project in a safe and reliable way.
- Prepares and optimizes a complex model for better real-time performance. It offers tools like automatic LOD generation, jacketing, defeaturing which eliminates hidden surfaces and unnecessary details.
- Combines multiple meshes and their materials into a single mesh and material using the proxy geometry tool.