The scale-out NAS market is projected to grow from USD 14.01 Billion in 2020 to USD 34.68 Billion by 2022, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 22.05%. The market is majorly driven by growth in the rising demand for scale-out NAS applications across enterprises.
Scale-out applications are virtual applications that can add or remove all capacity nodes and processors horizontally. The processed nodes work as front-end processing power and back-end capacity as a single system or distributed system for enhancing processing capacity and memory. Scale-out NAS solutions accelerate the node capacity or throughput by adding memory, processors, and other peripheral devices in the distributed system for a parallel processing system. Enterprises are more inclined towards the adoption of scale-out NAS technology because it does not require disk management, data layout, and in-line tuning for conventional monolithic and modular systems.
Top 10 Scale-out NAS Providers
- Dell Inc
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Hitachi Data Systems
- IBM Corporation
- NetApp Inc
- Panasas Inc
- Pure Storage Inc
Scale-out NAS Market Segmentation
The scale-out NAS can be categorized on the basis of:
- Storage Technology
- Deployment Type
- Organization Size
And according to the components, the scale-out NAS has been categorized into
Benefits of Scale-Out NAS
Scale-out NAS supports high volume workloads with low latency, non-disruptive operations, and excellent storage effectiveness in a single scalable namespace.
- Enormous capacity without restrictions – Businesses can build an optimum storage platform, without silos, in a single namespace that measures to PBs and beyond and supports numerous files.
- Fulfil performance needs of important workloads – Businesses can deliver foreseeable, reliable low latency and high quantity performance with the same storage container.
- Ease out deployment and management – Professionals can easily provision a huge single namespace in a few seconds to keep up with the increasing data needs and minimize management complexity using one interface.
- Enhance user productivity –All the data can be presented to the users as if it was in the same location.