Pantheon is a service for Continuous Integration which creates a workflow where codes are automatically tested before deployment. This ensures quick delivery of reliable services. It aims to reallocate the time spent in fixing post-deploy bugs to pre-deployment testing. It is an app-specific PaaS (or Platform as a Service) provider. It is a WebOps platform for open-source Drupal and WordPress websites.
Pantheon pricing is economical. Its basic plan beginning at $29 per month is prepaid annually—the performance plan, which commences at $114 per month. A free trial is available for its basic plan. Its elite program for highly risk-taking enterprises supports WordPress site networks. Its price can be accessed through the ‘Contact Us' option on its website.
Pantheon provides demos through the option for the same on its website. One can opt for a live demo or a recorded one by registering for the same by picking a session date for the specified job title. The 45 minutes session teaches how to begin with free Drupal and WordPress environments and quickly move updates from dev to staging and ultimately to live environments.
The collaboration tools of Pantheon enable users to launch campaigns and features regularly. Some of the existing features of Pantheon are listed below.
- Delivers content management as a service.
- Enforces site standards, along with customisation.
- Provision of a high-availability Disaster Recovery Solution.
- Enables intelligent failover at the Global CDN layer.
- Availability in two Google Cloud Platform zones subsequently for elite sites.
- Provides high-performance developer tools.
- Enable optimisation of campaigns to accelerate performance and growth.
- Provides for identical Dev, Test and Live environments.
- Enables working in a local, Docker-based environment mirroring Pantheon websites.